New guy from Kentucky

Bowhunter from Kentucky. Love to elk hunt, hoping it will help keep me young. Although I'm 48 now and it seems getting older is inevitable. Anyway, hunting is my motivation to stay in shape, or get back in shape, or try to get in shape...etc Some days it works.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

OP
K
Welcome to the forum. Have you ever drawn a KY elk tag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Draw a tag? No. Put in every year. But I did win an NASP raffle commissioners tag about 10 years ago. So I'm a little misleading. Killed a 300 inch bull in Leslie County. I hear the elk are more wise with pressure now and hunting is way more difficult in KY. My buddy has either sex archery tag, going with him mid Sept to spot, call and hopefully help pack something out. But no longer a walk in the park we have been told.

Grumman

WKR
Draw a tag? No. Put in every year. But I did win an NASP raffle commissioners tag about 10 years ago. So I'm a little misleading. Killed a 300 inch bull in Leslie County. I hear the elk are more wise with pressure now and hunting is way more difficult in KY. My buddy has either sex archery tag, going with him mid Sept to spot, call and hopefully help pack something out. But no longer a walk in the park we have been told.

I finally drew a cow archery tag several years ago. Hunted Prestonsburg and had fun. I’m hearing the same thing that numbers are down and the hunting is difficult due to pressure and access issues. Hopefully you all have success and can turn up another 300” bull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk