New guy from Louisville, KY area

Hey all,

I joined Rokslide last year for some e-scouting but just now getting around to making my post contributions for next year's diligence. I hope to be much more active in the hunting forum space in the coming years. I've hunted most of my life in a variety of contexts - from whitetail hunting around home growing up in Louisiana, to mule deer hunting private land in north central WY, and a decent amount of elk hunting private land in northern NM. A couple of years ago some Army buddies of mine put together a public land hunt out in ID and I've been hooked on public land hunting since. It wasn't because of the abundance of game or high success odds but the challenge of public land hunting and the variety of different opportunites are what appeal to me.

I look forward to getting to talking to you folks more.

Cheers,
-Jed

Black lab

FNG
Hello Jed
New guy here, thinking ID for a mule deer and elk hunt in 2022. How did you determine your hunt area ?
My plan was a solo drop camp through outfitter. Any suggestions appreciate

OP
JedKennedy
Hello Jed
New guy here, thinking ID for a mule deer and elk hunt in 2022. How did you determine your hunt area ?
My plan was a solo drop camp through outfitter. Any suggestions appreciate

Me and some army buddies went as a group back in 2019 and one them did most of the homework but we were mostly on the same page for what we were looking for - pretty scenery, high acre/hunter, decent success rate (~20%). We hunted the same area for two years. Feel free to DM me and I’ll give you all the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black lab

FNG
Me and some army buddies went as a group back in 2019 and one them did most of the homework but we were mostly on the same page for what we were looking for - pretty scenery, high acre/hunter, decent success rate (~20%). We hunted the same area for two years. Feel free to DM me and I’ll give you all the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for replying, as a newbie have wait time on messaging. Will follow up then.

Black lab

FNG
yeah, that's the deal. which kinda sucks because I saw something on the classifieds and can't respond.
I could pay the $50 to play but rolling the dice for now.

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all,

I joined Rokslide last year for some e-scouting but just now getting around to making my post contributions for next year's diligence. I hope to be much more active in the hunting forum space in the coming years. I've hunted most of my life in a variety of contexts - from whitetail hunting around home growing up in Louisiana, to mule deer hunting private land in north central WY, and a decent amount of elk hunting private land in northern NM. A couple of years ago some Army buddies of mine put together a public land hunt out in ID and I've been hooked on public land hunting since. It wasn't because of the abundance of game or high success odds but the challenge of public land hunting and the variety of different opportunites are what appeal to me.

I look forward to getting to talking to you folks more.

Cheers,
-Jed

Welcome Jed!

I'm not far from you, I'm in Harrodsburg. I've went out the last 3 years to Idaho to duck hunt with a buddy who moved there. Awesome trips. Putting in for elk rifle draw starting this year. Just keep duck hunting until I get drawn. I'm new here too. Great place for gear reviews thats the main reason I joined.