New guy from MA

CLB38

FNG
New guy from MA. New hunter too. Spent enough time in the mtn west to know that’s where I “should” be, and I just might make that happen when the kids are off on their own. In the mean time, I’ll get some experience here in the east and start accumulating points in the west!

OP
C

CLB38

FNG
Thanks for the welcome! Long-time outdoors enthusiast but just started on this hunting adventure in the fall with my 14 yo.

I'm in Zone 10 too and wishing I could target the numerous suburban turkeys!

Feel free to pass along any advice that you might have for a rank amateur.

@peterk123 I'm jealous!

Welcome. New here as well. Former new Englander myself (VT). I used Live out on the cape for some time too!

Last edited:

Detect

WKR
Wilmington for Zone 10. If anyone wants to shoot at the archery ranges at Woburn Sportsmen's Association, message me.

I’m in Lexington. Flyfish for stripers up Cape Ann way when I can.
Nice I have a mooring in Manchester and Rockport and bounce between doing charters, I was able to keep the skiff in the annisquam and fished that side with the fly rod last year

lawhusky

FNG
Hey all, just starting to poke around on this forum. Pretty cool place! I grew up in Central MA, lived in CO mountains for a while - working as a fishing and hunting guide. Now I'm back raising my family in Worcester County. Hardcore missing CO and don't get back as much as I'd like to. Just started really getting into whitetail hunting / managing my parents' farm for deer and shot my first buck this year. Spend most of my hunting time chasing pheasants and grouse with my dogs and kids and duck and goose hunting.

MTGunner

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome. Lived in SE MA most of my adult years. Not from MA originally. Started hunting MT 1980 and moved to MT permanently 2013. Spend my winters in SW NM until Mid April.
Did lots of waterfowling along the SE coast 70’s thru early 2000’s. But, nothing can measure up to the mountains of the west. MTG

peterk123

WKR
Hey all, just starting to poke around on this forum. Pretty cool place! I grew up in Central MA, lived in CO mountains for a while - working as a fishing and hunting guide. Now I'm back raising my family in Worcester County. Hardcore missing CO and don't get back as much as I'd like to. Just started really getting into whitetail hunting / managing my parents' farm for deer and shot my first buck this year. Spend most of my hunting time chasing pheasants and grouse with my dogs and kids and duck and goose hunting.
Welcome....and condolences. From Colorado to Mass. That is gotta be rough.