New guy from MN

workethic

FNG
Hey all I have stalking the threads on here for quite some time... years actually. I have also made a few posts regarding a couple hunts I have coming up as well.
Intro:
I am an avid hunter and fisherman born and raised in MN. I live in some of the best duck/goose hunting area in Minnesota as well as the county that has more lakes than any other in the country! It is a beautiful place with a ton of wildlife. (If you are looking to come up to MN I would be happy to put you on some good spots for ducks/geese or if you are looking for a good place to fish in minnesota I can point you in the right direction). I had worked in law enforcement for 8 years, but recently took a job in fraud investigation through social services. I live and breathe hunting whether it is whitetails in minnesota, sharpies in montana or mulies in colorado. Any time I get that is peaceful and I get to enjoy wildlife is valuable to me.
My handle on here kind of explains my hunt style. I believe the harder you work the more reward you will get, especially with hunting. However, it does not mean you will be successful, but at least if you worked hard at your hunt you know there was nothing else you could have done, therefore you wont have the regret of not going that extra mile, just the sore legs! I dont ask for anyone's unit, hunting spot or anything like that. I enjoy the planning of a hunt. I will ask what elevation I can find certain vegitation, what the whether has been like, how the roads are, advice on what gear to bring etc... The planning keeps me in the hunt all year. This year I have two western hunts planned: Fall black bear in colorado ( i know it's crazy to only target black bear when I could be going after elk and mulies, but a fall black bear is on my bucket list and a buddy of mine is really into black bear hunting, so I may be the only guy out there in september with a limited entry black bear tag and no elk/deer tag) The other hunt is a SE montana mulie hunt. I currently have zero points, so it looks like we will have to do some praying to get drawn as the odds are predicted at 50%. If we dont get drawn we will probably look at cow elk tags. I would be hunting with my dad and brother. My old man is getting up there and I dont think he could manage the mountains, so the breaks in montana is where I think we would go.

Sorry for the long intro. Thank you all for the help hand guidance I have gotten from this forum. If there is something I could help one of you with it would be my pleasure.

Fowler530

WKR
Nice intro! Welcome aboard!! Sounds like you’ll be a good fit around here! Glad to have you here!