New guy from NC

uglymud

FNG
Hey fellas stumbled across this site while looking for packs. Have been deer/ duck hunting in the southeast for nearly 10 years. Shot my first deer at 16 with a bow. Lately I've been looking for something other than treestands hunting, planning some diy bear hunts in the mountains here. This forum has had tons of great information on gear and strategies. I hope to apply those out west eventually.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

SirFer

FNG
Where in NC? I'm in the process of moving back up to Boone and plan to be there full-time starting in June.

I'm a newbie here too so feels weird to say but welcome!

Howiemoth

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome, recently relocated to Apex N.C.. U R going to really enjoy this site.

Hey fellas stumbled across this site while looking for packs. Have been deer/ duck hunting in the southeast for nearly 10 years. Shot my first deer at 16 with a bow. Lately I've been looking for something other than treestands hunting, planning some diy bear hunts in the mountains here. This forum has had tons of great information on gear and strategies. I hope to apply those out west eventually.

Another guy from NC here. Not a very experienced hunter, but I try to get out there and make things happen. I tried my hand at DIY bear hunting here in the mountains and I really started understand why they use dogs out here for bear. I had a really tough time finding glassing areas or sign. If you make it out this season and want a hunting buddy, please let me know, I'd love to get to know some other local hunters and learn something.

OP
uglymud

uglymud

FNG
Where in NC? I'm in the process of moving back up to Boone and plan to be there full-time starting in June.

I'm a newbie here too so feels weird to say but welcome!
Live in Graham now, graduated from App back in 2019, you're lucky to be back there lol

OP
uglymud

uglymud

FNG
Another guy from NC here. Not a very experienced hunter, but I try to get out there and make things happen. I tried my hand at DIY bear hunting here in the mountains and I really started understand why they use dogs out here for bear. I had a really tough time finding glassing areas or sign. If you make it out this season and want a hunting buddy, please let me know, I'd love to get to know some other local hunters and learn something.
Yeah from what I have heard it will be difficult, gives me an excuse to get out in the mountains tho! I'll definitely give a shout, it will be something completely new to me so don't expect any insight haha

Yeah from what I have heard it will be difficult, gives me an excuse to get out in the mountains tho! I'll definitely give a shout, it will be something completely new to me so don't expect any insight haha

Hey I'm always up for some blind leading blind action ;)