New guy from NC

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
NC by way of Canada. Keep coming across Rokslide when I do searches on topics related to hunting and guns so here I am. Not sure what FNG means but if "New Guy" is part of it, no need to tell me!

Did not grow up hunting, unbelievably, but remedied that upon arriving in NC. Mostly hunt deer, dove, and the occasional quail.

Last edited:
OP
hawkman71

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome! What’s it like hunting in NC?
Thanks. I live in (far) eastern NC in what used to be part of the Great Dismal Swamp. We don't have the largest bucks around but there are some. We DO have lots of black bear, big ones, too. The world record (880#) is from nearby. 700-pounders are taken every year it seems.

Some nice game lands around. Some permit hunt, some open.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

P.S. A little slow on my duties as I was pursuing elk a few days ago. :)

Natimblue

FNG
Welcome from a fellow eastern NC new guy. The deer aren’t huge but there are lots of them. Had 8 bucks come by the stand yesterday but the only “shooter” was a huge 8 and he was missing his left side just above the brow tine. His slight limp might suggest a run in with a car.