new guy from north idaho

Hello

New guy from north Idaho. I do enjoy using the mountain bike to get into elk hunting areas.
Any other bicycle hunters out there?

thanks
tim

Randle

WKR
Welcome I have tried it but found I liked foot pounding better. It is a great way to cover ground if you have a destination spot in mind.

OP
M
Jason
I have been using a "bob" trailer. it is made for bike packing. It is a one wheel design. It is almost impossible to overload it. you will overload your brakes before the trailer.

elkguide

WKR
Welcome aboard. I'm a road biker, (4000 miles last summer) but have thought about bike hunting.
Join in the conversation.

ENJOY!!!!!

JLH208

WKR
Welcome to Rokslide from southern Idaho. I really want to pick up a Rambo electric bike. Some of my areas have flat terrain leading to them that I just want to cover faster. I have used bikes in those areas before just to get meat out faster. Turned a 45 minute walk into a 15 minute ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
mainly I have used them to pack camps in and out. Mostly gated forest service roads. I have been lucky and have pulled roughly 10 elk out on my bike.

OP
M
Welcome aboard. I'm a road biker, (4000 miles last summer) but have thought about bike hunting.
Join in the conversation.

ENJOY!!!!!

thank you, I don't own a road bike, but did order a 29er hardtail for fs roads and the mild road riding that I do do. But I do own a quiver of bikes.