New guy from northern lower Michigan

DLawhead

FNG
I do quite a bit of deer hunting and trapping in northern Michigan. Headed to north manitou island to hunt for the first time this year. Tons of great info on here!

Yup only place you can have an open fire is at the campground about a mile from the dock on the north east side of the island. I'll tell you this bring extra batteries for your headlamps cuz it gets flat out dark, as in can't see your hand in front of your face.

Pre1032

FNG
Welcome from Saginaw, MI area! Camped on North Manitou earlier this year. Awesome experience! We saw a bunch of deer. Have a good trip my friend.

The porkies would be fun could rent one of the Forrest service cabins, I hear you want to go early in October cuz of the weather that the deer kinda vacate the place and head to more fruitful places come November.

OP
DLawhead

DLawhead

FNG
The porkies would be fun could rent one of the Forrest service cabins, I hear you want to go early in October cuz of the weather that the deer kinda vacate the place and head to more fruitful places come November.
I have heard the same thing.

Kjackgold

FNG
Welcome. I have been looking into doing a trip like this also. This season I went down to Ohio public and tried to be as minimalist as possible. I was solo most of the time. I did have a friend meet me and hunt a couple days. This Manitou Island hunt looks interesting. How was the deer activity.