New guy from SE Kansas

Hello everyone, New old guy (57) from Southeast Kansas. Have never hunted big game. Always hunted small game, waterfowl, pheasants and quail. Also Bass and other warm water species fishing, fly fishing, split cane bamboo fly rod maker. Over the last several years I have become interested in big game hunting. I have been gearing up based on local friends advice, and things that make sense to me from media. I really have become interested in Elk hunting. I've been watching lots of youtube stuff (good or bad, I can't know for sure). I would just like to say hello, and thanks to all who are involved in providing this venue. And thanks to all for any encouragement along the way.

prm

WKR
Welcome! My grandparents used to be in SE Kansas, made many a trip down there. Fishing the strip pits for Channel cats was my grandfathers favorite pastime. Good luck with elk hunt planning, you’ll find most of what you need here.

OP
C
Welcome! My grandparents used to be in SE Kansas, made many a trip down there. Fishing the strip pits for Channel cats was my grandfathers favorite pastime. Good luck with elk hunt planning, you’ll find most of what you need here.
Thanks! I have kids and Grandkids in the Pittsburg area, son in law grew up around Columbus and Weir. I live in Neosho County.

Reactions: prm

prm

WKR
Know it well! They were from Columbus, and last lived in West Mineral.