New guy from Washington

Evoac05

FNG
I heard about this site on another forum and I am glad I did. This looks to be a great site with lots of info to take in. I am fairly new to hunting as I grew up in a anti gun/hunting home. I am still looking to tag my first big game animal which I hope to be able to do this season (I am tired of tag soup). I really like the idea of backcountry hunting and hope to be doing a few overnight/multi-day scouting trips this summer. Well I guess thats enough about me for now.

-Tyson

Shrek

WKR
Welcome. You're not the only one who didn't have any support for hunting growing up. I hunted and fished despite my family. I had to work and save for all my rifles and shotguns and everything they ate. You really need to find someone local who has hunted and been successful and go with them . Just one trip could bring you far along on getting up to speed.

Welcome aboard Tyson,

I was in the same boat. If you asked my dad to identify a bow, a shotgun and a rifle he'd flunk. Nice thing about backpack hunting the challenge is half the fun.

Ben

WKR
Just wrote a long response just to have to magically vanish.... Anyway, I'm in the same boat as you, I'd be more than happy to meet up at the Kenmore range and I can let you borrow some books about elk and I'll tell you everything I know.

mtbshark

WKR
I shoot Kenmore on the daily most of the months. Give a shout when any of y'all head that way

And welcome

OP
E

Evoac05

FNG
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Ben thanks for the offer, I'll PM you when I'll be in the area and have some time to meet up. Mtbshark, what do you shoot at the range (pistol/rifle/shotgun/bow)?

mtbshark

WKR
I am a bow guy but am a member so easy to shoot whatever. I need to sight in a rifle of mine sometime soon as well.

Ben

WKR
I'm a bow feller as well. I do have a shotgun that I've been meaning to chase rabbits with if either of you two are interested.