New guy from Wisconsin

Heard about this forum from a friend and wow what a valuable resource can’t wait to dig in more. I’ve been hunting and fishing since I was a kid and can’t get enough of the outdoors. Mainly have hunted Wisconsin and Michigan’s upper peninsula. The last 4 years I have ventured out to western Nebraska and North Dakota for whitetail and Muleys. Next year will be my first elk trip. Can’t wait!!!!

Mike

Fowler530

WKR
Welcome from NorCal!! You joined the right Forum for lots of great info and resources!! Best of luck with your first elk hunt next year!

Just wait you will experience Elk Fever and won't be able to shake it after your trip. Sadly, it's tough to sit in a stand back home in WI for whitetails once you have heard an elk screaming in your face!

137buck

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome from a former cheesehead. I'll warn you, once you go elk hunting, it'll ruin deer hunting for you. It happened to me, and I hunted Buffalo county too, deer hunting became a filler hunt between elk seasons and it made me move to western Montana...well the wife did that, but that sounded better.

arwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome from a former cheesehead. I'll warn you, once you go elk hunting, it'll ruin deer hunting for you. It happened to me, and I hunted Buffalo county too, deer hunting became a filler hunt between elk seasons and it made me move to western Montana...well the wife did that, but that sounded better.

Born and raised cheesehead as well. THIS 👆 is spot on. Big game Sunday, GPG!