New guy here

Noklok

FNG
Hi I’m a long time AT member but I’m brand new to rockslide. I hunted elk twice in the 90’s but my long time ankle injury worsened through the years and kept me out of the back country. Focused on whitetails ever since. About 6 months ago I discovered a custom brace that works like a prothetic device for someone who has a repaired ankle and not an amputation. This brace has been a game changer for me and the first goal i set is to be able to back country elk hunt. I’ve had it for only a 6 weeks and i am already hiking over 6 miles. That would have been unthinkable before the brace. I have a ways to go but i can see already that i will get there. Very exciting!
I look forward to soak up the good information that’s on here and socialize with you guys. Seems like a great forum.

OP
N

Noklok

FNG
That’s the best part. If you use it right weight makes no difference. Using it right is a learning process. I was able to walk 4 miles with a 30# pack at 3.5 mph after a 12 hour shift on cement. Pretty happy with that!

lif

WKR
Welcome bud!! Keep working. Hope to see you in the mountains some day.