New guy in Iowa

Hoopster3

FNG
Hello,

I've been lurking for a few months and decided it was time to make an account. I'm 39 years old and bought my 1st rifle (Ruger AR-15 in 350 Legend) last year to starting preparing to get into deer hunting. I live in the Quad Cities and have some private land some generous friends of friends are going to let me use.

My first mistake was thinking the rifle would be the most expensive purchase, but gear is costing a fortune. It sure is fun looking for everything though.

TSAMP

WKR
Im in the QC as well. Reach out, id be happy to point at things you should buy. Itll be a nice change of pace for me.

OP
H

Hoopster3

FNG
Im in the QC as well. Reach out, id be happy to point at things you should buy. Itll be a nice change of pace for me.

That would be great! I'll have to wait a bit before I can send a PM since I just joined.

I'm on the Iowa side of the QC. How about you?

iashow

WKR
Hello,

I've been lurking for a few months and decided it was time to make an account. I'm 39 years old and bought my 1st rifle (Ruger AR-15 in 350 Legend) last year to starting preparing to get into deer hunting. I live in the Quad Cities and have some private land some generous friends of friends are going to let me use.

My first mistake was thinking the rifle would be the most expensive purchase, but gear is costing a fortune. It sure is fun looking for everything though.
Welcome from a fellow Iowan.

Wvroach

WKR
Welcome! It doesn't take a ton of gear to have a successful season. Keep with the basics and go get some experience. Experience will trump any piece of gear you can purchase.

bdg848

WKR
Gear doesn't need to be expensive. I fill my tags wearing US Army surplus camo and a cheap craigslist hang on stand...or i just sit on a bucket...as long as you're in a good spot, you wont have any trouble getting a deer.