New Guy in NC

Been a reader and information gatherer “lurker”on rokslide for years. Live here in North Carolina but try to be in the Rockies or elsewhere chasing big game a few times a year whenever possible. Ended up with elk fever about 23 years ago when I missed a 6 x 6 with my bow at 17 years old on a self-guided backpack hunt w my father. Now I spend all year when it’s not hunting season planning for the next season. I’ve been fortunate with some awesome draws (Utah Beaver Goat, and a few others) and lucky enough to start building points at a young age when I lived in Montana after college….. but have spent many years hunting in public land in the west for elk and deer. Anyways, enough about me but I just wanted to introduce myself. Here’s a self-guided public land elk…. Or it sounds like I need to educate myself on how to minimize photos

Attachments

• 25B86010-AC35-4401-8230-C78A1808B777.png
    25B86010-AC35-4401-8230-C78A1808B777.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 8

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome from the triad. Only 4 years and no dead ones into my elk career but don't foresee missing many Septembers until I can't walk. Welcome to Rokslide! Where you at in NC?