New Guy in SE Idaho

Bubba94

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all,

I have spent a lot of time lurking on this site and figured I would introduce myself. I am a recent transplant to SE Idaho from Utah. I grew up hunting birds and fishing, but wasn't really involved in big game hunting. I finally have the time to chase some elk and mule deer and have planned two big hunts for this year: Idaho archery elk and Utah rifle deer. A lot of great advice comes out of this forum and anything you guys could send my way will be much appreciated! Good luck on your hunts this year!

I'm new to this forum too. From Virginia but I'll be out your way for archery muleys in September. I'd love to hear more about were you plan to hunt bubba. I'm looking at unit 73 myself. You're blessed to live in such a beautiful place.

OP
Bubba94

Bubba94

Lil-Rokslider
I'm new to this forum too. From Virginia but I'll be out your way for archery muleys in September. I'd love to hear more about were you plan to hunt bubba. I'm looking at unit 73 myself. You're blessed to live in such a beautiful place.
I do feel fortunate to live out West, and I actually live near the eastern boundary of unit 73. I have heard of some nice bucks being taken out of that unit in the past, though I personally have never hunted it. I am hunting further north this year, towards Central Idaho.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Last edited:

DaveDeli

FNG
Hi all,

I have spent a lot of time lurking on this site and figured I would introduce myself. I am a recent transplant to SE Idaho from Utah. I grew up hunting birds and fishing, but wasn't really involved in big game hunting. I finally have the time to chase some elk and mule deer and have planned two big hunts for this year: Idaho archery elk and Utah rifle deer. A lot of great advice comes out of this forum and anything you guys could send my way will be much appreciated! Good luck on your hunts this year!
Bubba,
I’m headed out there in October with my oldest son to chase Mulies. I was out there a couple of years ago in unit 76. The hunt this year is a spur of the moment thing and we were looking at unit 75 & 77. Can you share anything about them?
Thanks

OP
Bubba94

Bubba94

Lil-Rokslider
Bubba,
I’m headed out there in October with my oldest son to chase Mulies. I was out there a couple of years ago in unit 76. The hunt this year is a spur of the moment thing and we were looking at unit 75 & 77. Can you share anything about them?
Thanks
I will see what I can find out and PM you. Sorry for the late response.