New Guy - WA refugee in MT

Figured I should do this for a first post. Western Washington displaced hunter, getting to live in Billings Montana for the last 12 months and the foreseeable future (thanks covid!). Been hunting for 20 years, but the last 5 have been more focused on backpacking and picked up a bow for the first time 3 years ago. Still looking for my first big game archery kill.

If anyone is around Billings and is looking to hunt MT/ WY / CO let me know. Never can have too many friends.

Brillo

FNG
Covid has its winners and losers. I count you a winner for getting to live in Billings. Very nice town IMO.
Epic scenery and hunting in every direction. I am in Michigan and an elk rookie so I can't help you at all but I wish you the best.

OP
S
Covid has its winners and losers. I count you a winner for getting to live in Billings. Very nice town IMO.
Epic scenery and hunting in every direction. I am in Michigan and an elk rookie so I can't help you at all but I wish you the best.
It's definitely a win. Good luck to you as well on the elk hunting.

BigT

FNG
Welcome. Billings is beautiful place! There's a pretty good burger place in downtown Billings I believe called the Burger Dive.. Haven't been there in a little over a year.. Hopefully Covid didn't kill this fine establishment!

OP
S
I think Billings doesn't get enough credit. Pretty much every life long Montanan I've talked to doesn't have much good to say about it. I think it's got good access to a lot of pretty good places.

My wife loves the burger dive, I haven't been able to go yet. I'll definitely make it there soon.

What I’m hoping. Plus I used to guide for waterfowl here not my fav anymore but looks like will be able to kill a few. Wanted a smaller town but needed schools for my 12 yr old son.