New Hand-Release Recommendations

psirus7

WKR
I left my Scott Pursuit at the range on Friday and by the time I realized it was missing, somebody grabbed it. So....I'm in the market for a new release. Only requirement is that it must be convertible to left-handed. Any recommendations? Thanks!

OP
psirus7

psirus7

WKR
Probably going to stay with a thumb. Is anyone actually hunting with a hinge, or is that "training use only"?

Zspires94

FNG
I know Trail from GoHunt hunted with one on the Land of the Free 2.0 series. I personally prefer a thumb just because I hunt from a tree stand a lot and the weird angled shots could cause issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greyes

WKR
Hey man, That sucks! The Carter Wise choice is a really good release. Its basically the same thing as John Dudley's Nock2It but it is three fingers instead of 2. Hope you find one that works well for ya!

Carter makes great releases as stated above. I just tried a Stan a couple weeks ago and they have a very crisp trigger, it might even be better than my Nock2it. I just bought a perfex to try out and will be making a decision soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

TX_Diver

WKR
I went with a nock 2 it as I'm interested in trying a back tension style release this winter and the nock 2 it and silverback are supposedly identical aside from firing mechanism.

There may be other options that are similar but John Dudley's video's have also helped me immensely so the slight premium for the nock 2 it was worth it to me.

Carter also has excellent customer service. I let go of my release and snapped the thumb trigger off. I mailed it back to them with a note explaining that I let it go and put my phone # so they could call me to get $ for shipping/the repairs. A week later I never heard anything and was considering calling them. Went to get the mail and my release was fixed up and back!

Vandal 44

WKR
I really like the Carter Wise Choice, I had the Nock-2-It but prefer the three finger. I ended up trading the Nock-2 for a Wise Choice

dkime

WKR
I left my Scott Pursuit at the range on Friday and by the time I realized it was missing, somebody grabbed it. So....I'm in the market for a new release. Only requirement is that it must be convertible to left-handed. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Really hard to beat the pursuit in terms of value and flexibility, I’ve had mine confiscated by a buddy of mine because I mostly shoot a hinge. I’d probably consider it again, nothing against the carters but that release offers a lot