New here.

Hey everyone, just wanted to say hello and thanks for having me here! Little bit about myself. I live in Duluth Minnesota and have never been out west to hunt, however, I am planning an Elk trip with a couple family members for the next 2-3 years so I am trying to learn as much as I can during the planning process. I found out about this site after seeing on another forum someone mention "rokslide" so here I am.

D

david long

Bulldog......welcome aboard! Glad to see you found us! If you are looking to learn about western big game hunting, I think you will really like Rokslide. There is a wealth of information on this site that I think you will find helpful in your quest out west:)

B

bearguide

welcome - these guys have lots of good info, hope it helps you

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Bulldog,

You have my welcome as well. This is a great place to learn about serious backcountry hunting. Here is my first piece of advice: Start saving as much as you can (above your other trip expense saving like tags, gas, food, etc.) for quality gear, and start saving now. The good stuff costs good money, but pays dividends in the field.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome and great screen name. Some advice: Don't hunt the west unless you can afford to come every year or so- it is addicting! Best of luck.

OP
B
Welcome and great screen name. Some advice: Don't hunt the west unless you can afford to come every year or so- it is addicting! Best of luck.

Well thank you! I hear it is very addicting. I believe the addiction has already begun even though I have not hunted out west yet. The planning process seems to be all I think about haha.