New Hoyt cams....worth it?

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
I have a friend trying to sell me his Hoyt RX1 for only $400, it looks like they are typically going for at least $750 used. I really like the bow, but the draw length is maxed out and its still too short. The max DL on the bow is 28" and I need it to be 28.5 or 29". I thought about just trying to adjust my release, but I worry that might screw with my anchor point. I am thinking about getting new cams to change the draw length range. Does anyone have any idea what new cams will cost? I am just wondering if it will still be a good deal after getting new cams. I realize I will need to get new strings and cables as well, but I was planning on doing that whether I got new cams or not.

I have a friend trying to sell me his Hoyt RX1 for only $400, it looks like they are typically going for at least $750 used. I really like the bow, but the draw length is maxed out and its still too short. The max DL on the bow is 28" and I need it to be 28.5 or 29". I thought about just trying to adjust my release, but I worry that might screw with my anchor point. I am thinking about getting new cams to change the draw length range. Does anyone have any idea what new cams will cost? I am just wondering if it will still be a good deal after getting new cams. I realize I will need to get new strings and cables as well, but I was planning on doing that whether I got new cams or not.

You could put a longer string loop on it to make up for the draw length, decide if you like it or not before dumping money into it.

Probably not a great deal once you put cams on it, might find that you shoot the 28" draw just fine, especially with a little longer loop.

Might find a deal on some used cams at some point.