New Hunter in Boise.

MrWolf

FNG
As someone who has grown up only fishing I can gladly say I have officially closed my first big game hunting season. Really I'll say it's my first true hunting season ever, the couple times I went before were really just uneducated hiking with a gun. I did learn a lot however and am now hooked on all forms of hunting. I would love to go out for some birds and bunnies now but have zero experience in how and where to look. If there is anyone in the treasure valley area of Idaho that could throw some pointers or general areas to look my way I would be forever greatful!

Wassid82

WKR
I've been hunting SW Idaho for decades. Glad you have found the enjoyment that the natural resources can provide here in Idaho. For public land hunting you would want to focus on chukar, quail, duck and geese. Waterfowl will be easy to recognize places to go like on rivers (Idaho is a high water mark state) and Lakes (lake Lowell, lucky peak, etc.). It depends on where you live in the valley. If you live in boise I would focus on lucky peak and the surrounding ground. If you live in the west part of the valley I would focus on the snake river/lake Lowell/ and owyhee mountains. You can also hunt the game preserves like fort boise. Good luck