New hunter looking for some education

jtt633

FNG
Hey everyone, I just started hunting a few years ago and have been a lurker on here for a while now. I got lucky enough to get an archery elk tag on the Wasatch unit here in Utah. I put out trail cameras a little bit ago and was hoping for some experienced eyes to help me out. There are 7 bulls coming into one of my cameras and I'm wondering if the biggest of the group will end up being a good bull. I have no clue how to judge a bull this early in the year. These pictures were taken on 6-4 (the time stamp is way off). Will this be a decent bull? How much do they usually grow in the next month or two? Also I will be going up into the south fork of Provo canyon this weekend to scout if anyone could help narrow my search that would be appreciated. Thanks for the help
IMG_1075.jpgIMG_1076.jpg

Bar

Banned
Good for you for scouting, but it's way too early. You can't count on the elk being where they are now come hunting season.

Tsnider

WKR
i started in the same time frame as you, but i do agree its too early. i would however get out there and watch them from a distance. when you have a bow in your hand its hard to just watch them and not try to make a move. right now you can get some good insight on how they behave.

but keep your distance and dont go too often!