New hunting gear for this new year you guys are excited about?

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
Any new hunting gear for this year that you guys are excited about? I got an email from Kryptek about their new sentinel insulated pants coming out this year and new Eldax insulated jacket. Just waiting to see the specs on these I’m currently looking for something more lightweight.

Mosby

WKR
My focus right now is upgrading my upland gear. Bought a new Vizsla pup, upgrading first aid kit for dogs, re-organizing my small game vest and got some new snake gaiters and some Orvis waterproof chaps. Got some better quality and larger water bottles and 5 pair of merino wool socks. Buying a couple sets of new gloves this week too. Put together a bird cleaning kit to keep in my truck. Called a couple of rangers last week and identifying some new ground to hunt in SD and Nebraska and will be getting new maps for a scouting trip this summer.

For elk, I don't need much. I got a new set of boot laces for my Lowa's. Broke one last year. Bought a spare for keeping in my bag. Bought another headlamp. Breaking in a new pair of Lowa Tibet's that I've had in my closet. Time to get some miles on them and break them in before I need them. I like what I have but I am always tinkering.

Just purchased my first over/under shotgun. CZ USA Redhead Premier in 20 gauge. I’ve been carrying my Beretta 12 gauge auto for dove/quail/pheasant for years and decided I would retire it to duck hunting only. Also purchased a nice upland vest. I’m pretty much set on everything else after preparing for a Wyoming mule deer hunt this past fall.

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
Just purchased my first over/under shotgun. CZ USA Redhead Premier in 20 gauge. I’ve been carrying my Beretta 12 gauge auto for dove/quail/pheasant for years and decided I would retire it to duck hunting only. Also purchased a nice upland vest. I’m pretty much set on everything else after preparing for a Wyoming mule deer hunt this past fall.
Been looking for a new vest which one did you go with?

Peregrine1

WKR
Classified Approved
Stone Glacier SQ2 gaiters—can’t wait to try them, promo videos and reviews make them sound highly promising in the durability and customizable fit departments

SG Chinook merinos—base layer, ss shirts, hoody..super comfortable, great fit and love the new Tarmac color. The 89/11 blend merinos aren’t cheap but are the best temp-regulating, odor-regulating, fast-drying, comfortable next-to-skin material I’ve found and will outlast cotton, for wear, in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deputynrc

FNG
Stone Glacier SQ2 gaiters—can’t wait to try them, promo videos and reviews make them sound highly promising in the durability and customizable fit departments

SG Chinook merinos—base layer, ss shirts, hoody..super comfortable, great fit and love the new Tarmac color. The 89/11 blend merinos aren’t cheap but are the best temp-regulating, odor-regulating, fast-drying, comfortable next-to-skin material I’ve found and will outlast cotton, for wear, in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just picked up the long sleeve in the Tarmac and it is awesome!!

wramos

FNG
I got a Hoyt Rx5. Upgraded finally, long time coming, but shoots great. Excited to get it out more and hopefully draw an archery tag this year.

BriderLV

FNG
Just switched from an index release to a thumb release. Going well so far. Looking at new packs, but too many to choose from

repins05

WKR
Just purchased a Vi Am multi cloth waterproof, thermarest neoair, and sea to summit aeros pillow for my pack. Trying to shed weight. Going to do a few one night spike camp hunts this year.