new hunting partner

yojo.3

FNG
Got myself a new hunting partner for this years rifle season, my wife. At least for opening weekend. A year ago I had put in for preference point for her just in case she would want to hunt at some point. I asked her a little while back if she wanted to come along hunting this year, and she actually said yes. She has never hunted deer before, shes only ever been along for pheasant a couple times but never got anything. since this is her first time to go deer hunting i'm going to try to make it as easy as I can for her. Normally we never hunt from blinds and only tree stands for archery. Where we rifle hunt there's no trees to hang a stand and a lot of gulches. so my plan is to set up a blind on a side hill at a point in one of the gulches. she had surgery on her achilles a couple years back so walking a whole bunch is out of the question. And she is due to have our first child 2 months prior, so ive already got grandma lined up to babysit while we're out. Ill bring in a small chair for her to sit on along with my small isopro stove just to make something warm to eat or drink while we wait. Got her a 243 for her to use. This is definitely going to be a different hunt than what i'm used to, but i'm going to try to make it as easy and enjoyable for her as possible. She said she will probably only want to hunt opening weekend, so i'm going to focus on trying to get her a deer. and ill just go out during the week a few days to get one for myself. I think im more excited for her to go than she is. She keeps saying that she wants a big buck, and i hope we can find her one.