New Iron Will System?

It doesn't stiffen the spine in the same amount as cutting 3" off your arrow. I measured static spine on some shafts with and without 2.5 inches of HIT installed and they measure the same. This is because the amount of deflection is dominated by the length of the beam, which doesn't change, and most of the bending happens through the middle, not at the stiffened end, in a static spine measurement. I do believe it will stiffen the dynamic spine somewhat, but not to the same effect as cutting your arrow 3" shorter. Quantifying this is complicated. Here is my theory: At the shot, you have a forward force at the back of the arrow from the string and you have a backward force at the front of the arrow from the total mass upfront due to the acceleration (F=ma). Shifting part of this front mass back into your arrow will shift the location of this front force back slightly increasing dynamic spine. It will depend on your point weight vs HIT weight, but my ballpark guess is that having 3" of solid core would be more like having an arrow 0.5 to 1 inch shorter.

I would go along with the same thing, however I wonder if the difference is actually just the difference in length. Like you said, using 3" of insert isn't like cutting 3" of shaft off. But it might be like the difference between the two insert systems. In other words if your insert system is an inch longer than before, that's the comparable difference in shaft length. Static spine is going to remain really close to the same. It's just less "free" space within the arrow shaft for it to react. You shorten that space and it's going to react like a stiffer spine. Just like a footer. I think this is why many of these heavier inserts work without much of a spine reaction, they are taking up more shaft than usual.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
@Bill V

any way we could see a picture of a deep siz broadhead with one of your HIT vs the snydercore with a same size HIT on it together for size refrence?
How much longer is the snydercore vs a deep six shank wise?

I love the inovation. Awesome job!!! I assume it is about an inch longer, It would be cool if you made a thread in adapter so if could be adapted to other deep six heads. I love your heads and shot 2 whitetail with them this year however I would like the option to still be able to screw a mechanical on when im shooting at coyotes, hogs or other non game animals.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@Bill V

any way we could see a picture of a deep siz broadhead with one of your HIT vs the snydercore with a same size HIT on it together for size refrence?
How much longer is the snydercore vs a deep six shank wise?

I love the inovation. Awesome job!!! I assume it is about an inch longer, It would be cool if you made a thread in adapter so if could be adapted to other deep six heads. I love your heads and shot 2 whitetail with them this year however I would like the option to still be able to screw a mechanical on when im shooting at coyotes, hogs or other non game animals.
I can take a photo later, but a Deep Six broadhead has a shank 0.3 inches long before the threads start. The Snyder Core system has a shank that is 1.0 inch long before the threads start.

Fivefuchs

FNG
I co-developed this system with Aron Snyder. We both felt strongly that there was a need for an improved system for micro diameter arrows. Here are some more details:

Iron Will’s new Snyder Core System utilizes a long hardened metal core, carbon fiber (arrow), and a hardened metal Impact Collar to provide unmatched arrow connection strength and alignment over outserts or half-outs.

This hybrid system can be used as a glue-in or screw-in. The broadhead can be glued directly into the arrow with or without a HIT insert attached to it. You can also use our new installation tool to install the HIT to the correct depth and use this as a screw-in system.

View attachment 265120
Looks nice!

System looks awesome, but the cost is almost too much to bear. I just ordered a dozen match grade Easton Long ranges from Lancaster...180/dozen...and add up all the necessary components from Iron will for a dozen arrows (6 broadhead and 6 FP) $354 before shipping, for a total cost of a dozen arrows of $534!

They system is awesome but is it that much better? I already have a pile of V 100s, and titanium outserts that have never failed me...If I were to go to this system I could never use any other broadheads (occasionally I like to shoot a sevr mechanical). I love it but not sure I can swallow the cost.

fatlander

WKR
Not crazy........just questioned the "need" for all that. Personally, I have never blown out the tip on a .204" arrow with HIT from shooting an animal (heavy bone or otherwise).......and even after blowing through grouse and into rocks. And I've rarely heard of anyone else doing that either. I even buried a judo head 3" into an aspen tree after passing through a grouse. I had to dig and cut it out, but the arrow came out unscathed.

However........I can totally see the need for this type of "upgrade" for the 4mm arrows. This is the biggest reason why I don't use 4mm arrows.......they have always been a combination of problems. This system most likely solves most of that.

Aron has said as much on his podcast with Bill. He said the .204 system is solid and their really isn’t anything wrong with it. The Snyder core system was built because it addressed the major problems of 4mm arrows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H80Hunter

WKR
I’m ready to hunt with it. I didn’t have too much of a learning curve switching from epoxy to hot melt with a little alcohol lamp.

I am using 135 grain Snyder core wide head with a 25 grain collar. I ALSO bought 100 grain exodus deep 6 heads, 50 grain IW deep 6 hit and a 10 grain Ti collar and just hot melted those all in place as well to get another setup together with the same up front weight. Also ethics sells 160 grain field points I use to practice with no collar. You can mix and match some combos if you know what’s available and get creative.

Trial153

WKR
Just re-enforces my use of .204 shafts. This fixes a problem I have no reason have in the first place.