NEW Kifaru Duplex Timberline Series

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'm curious what everyone's actual weight is on their new DT1 packs. I'm a little disappointed that my pack is almost 3/4 lbs heavier than advertised....that is excluding the roughly 3 ozs of the small pouch that comes attached w/ the two buckles and instructions. My pack comes in at 7.56lbs, as advertised it is 6.86...24in composite stays, regular lid. I guess I should double check to make sure I didn't accidentally get the aluminum stays tonight.

Not sure on the dt1 pack bag but the numbers they list for a long hunter frame with 26" composite stays is about 3/4 pound heavier than what they list on the website.

swat8888

WKR
I figured out the issue. They sent me aluminum stays, when I was expecting composite. Going back over my original order form I saw that I selected "no" where it said "Substitute aluminum stays"....which to me means no I do not want to substitute for aluminum stays. Looking at the website tonight I see they fixed this confusing wording and it clearly says composite stays add $40. I emailed Angie so we'll see what they can do for me...I need them by next Friday. Just passing out the details to anyone else that is expecting a pack in the nick of time...you might want to call and ensure you are getting the stays you want so you aren't surprised like me.

swat8888

WKR
just a follow up, Kifaru was awesome and is sending me the correct stays immediately....very happy with customer service.

I had a ship date of 8/3. I just called today and said they are sending my DT1 with a large shipment of add ons. I am patiently waiting to see, set up and get my bag packed for my September Hunt.

J.

swat8888

WKR
Dang, wish mine was a few days late for a few extra add ons...good deal, thats customer service.

Kifaru shipping/tracking notice sent. I should receive My DT1 on Thursday. Hopefully packing it on Friday or saturday!!!!!

Will try to hide invoice from wife - do not want to have that conversation again.

4 weeks to go.

J.

6t4nova

WKR
Stopped by today at picked up my DT1 in coyote brown. Awesome pack. Kevin from Kifaru helped me get it adjusted just right. This thing fits like a glove. Best coin I've spent in a while.

sk1

WKR
glad to hear it nova.....im hoping to order one this january, spent too much coin already this season.....or at least my wife tells me i did

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Used DT1 for the very first time. Very first trip was a sheep hunt for Becca from the 9th-16th of August. Worked great and glad to always have that extra room when needed. Hauled 90+ pounds as comfortably as that weight can me considerd "comfortable" after miles of boulder hoppin', creek crossin', and alder crashin'. :D

Bearcat

FNG
Used DT1 for the very first time. Very first trip was a sheep hunt for Becca from the 9th-16th of August. Worked great and glad to always have that extra room when needed. Hauled 90+ pounds as comfortably as that weight can me considerd "comfortable" after miles of boulder hoppin', creek crossin', and alder crashin'. :D

hey Luke, would love to hear what you thought of the DT1 compared to the T1? Does it carry the weight alot better and worth the extra weight of the Duplex frame? Any likes or dislikes? or any other thought between the two with out in the field use? / hope the trip was good!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
hey Luke, would love to hear what you thought of the DT1 compared to the T1? Does it carry the weight alot better and worth the extra weight of the Duplex frame? Any likes or dislikes? or any other thought between the two with out in the field use? / hope the trip was good!

Honestly, yeah I think in triple digit load area the DT1 edges over the T1. However, for this hunt I would have probably used my T1 instead of the DT1, but my bro was using it on a successful sheep hunt of his own. So both my Kifaru packs packed out sheep within a couple days of each other though I was only operating the DT1 ;)

I won't be selling the T1 anytime soon though. Its nice to save that 1.5-2 pounds when I can and don't need the frame. I will say the DT system is obviously more versatile and being able to remove the bag to get the blood and what not out in the washer is a lot easier than the car wash or bath tub method required of the T1. If I could only have one Kifaru I'd be teh DT1, but thankfully I don't live in that world and am blessed to own and keep both packs as both service their purposes VERY well.

Bearcat

FNG
thanks for the input Luke. I have been trying to figure out which one to go with. its nice to have your input. thanks for taking the time to share. / good going on the double succesful sheep hunt!!!