NEW Kifaru Duplex Timberline Series

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have a supportive wife and structure my life around the outdoors and hunting!

So I have no life other than hunting, but for me that's the best way to live!

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The hunting Cargo Panel will work well with any of the Kifaru packs.... I used it multiple times last season with my Timberline and Duplex frame.

IMG_3752.jpg

Cargo Panel, Duplex frame and mountain goat.

IMG_3969.jpg

Cargo Panel, Duplex frame and moose quarter.

IMG_34082.jpg

Cargo Panel, Duplex frame and De boned elk.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Nope....packed that thing all the way to the truck:) It wasn't far and no overhead obstacles....looked better on film with that giant hoof over my head! HAHA

I had a MSR 4 liter bladder inside a long pocket. I attached it straight to the back of the frame and stuck the goat over the top of it.

Jax

FNG
is the extra weight worth the true hauling capabilty? how well does the cargo panel carry a bow instead of a grab-it? I see a lot of Timberline orders being canceled and going up for sale...

is the extra weight worth the true hauling capabilty? how well does the cargo panel carry a bow instead of a grab-it? I see a lot of Timberline orders being canceled and going up for sale...

I was thinking the same thing. I think with the option of adding pockets to the Cargo Panel negate the need for a DT1 altogether. A DT3 might not be all that 'small' either. I think I will go with a DT2 but now the inevitable question is which lid do I get since I can ditch the pack for day hunting and add a Pod and either a Longhunter or XTL lid for essentials.

From an earlier post regarding a bladder, is there a better way to carry a 4L Dromelite (with hydration tube) without having to bring along an extra pocket? IE: Will it fit into a lid or pod attached to the Duplex?

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The decision on weight vs hauling capability will differ from each person. Most guys won't be packing out 80+ pound loads and that is the point where the DT packs will start to excel.

The versatility of the DT series is the bigger question (for me anyway) and having the option of 3 different packs for any specific hunt is valuable.

For guys that don't mind the added weight, this is the first multi dimensional system that can give almost anyone true shoulder lift......from a day hunting pack all the way up to a 10-14 day pack.

Personally, I don't feel a lot of difference in the way a Timberline carries in comparison to a Duplex Timberline (if I take care in loading it), but the rigidity of the Duplex frame is a definite bonus.

Anyone that has the potential to day hunt for whitetails one week and be on a backpack hunt the next should take a hard look at the DT packs, but if you are counting every ounce, than the DT's may not be an option. Tough decisions, but you will have a great pack with whatever you choose.

littlebuf

Banned
I see a lot of Timberline orders being canceled and going up for sale...

i dont think that will happen on a real large scale.these new packs look good but there a completely different animal that the timberline series. guys like me for instance.ive known about kifaru for a long time,i would constantly go back and forth from them to mysteryranch as to what pack i wanted to spend that kind of money on.neither one made me want to untill the timberline. theres a lot of weight on these packs that i just couldn't justify as being my main back country pack.could be a interesting secondary pack though.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Good comment littlebuf!

The two packs are not exactly apples to apples and 90% of the guys that have ordered T line packs have done so because of the pack weight to load hauling ratio.

Most of the guys that didn't choose a Tline already had a Duplex frame and liked that type of pack/feel in a suspension. Those same people may choose to buy a DT pack now as the added pockets that the Tline bag offers may be a great option for them.

Hunter looking for a "do all" system may choose the versatility of the DT series as well. I know I've gotten several emails and phone calls in the last couple days from guys saying they could finally sell all of their packs and run the Dt1 and Dt3 with cargo panel to cover all the types of hunting that they do.

wapitibob

WKR
are you going to put up a vid showing the layout of the DT3?
It appears your getting close to the do it all pack we have talked about, and this may actually be the one. I'm a batwing guy but the cargo panel my do the same thing, and easier too. Now, if the pack has enough compartments...
Nice job by the way.

Last edited:

cmeier117

WKR
Someone asked this on the K forums but I was curious as well so I will post it here too.
What are the weights of all the Longhunter bags (minus Lids) and maybe have lids listed separately so guys can get a "system weight" for what combo they go with.
What are the weights of the DT bags (minus Lids)
What is the lightest you could get the duplex frame down too. I am assuming the UL stays are the only thing you can do.
Also will it ship with Aluminum or UL Stays?

I read somewhere where a guy got his Longhunter down under 7 lbs which is pretty light to me.

Last edited:

cmeier117

WKR
I am assuming the EMR/DT frame would be a few ounces more since it's taller?

Dave- that bag is lighter than I thought! The guide is the 7200 Cu inch version right?

If my math is correct you could get a guide version for 6lbs 3oz plus the additional weight for taller frame and lid? So you could get a standard lid and be under 7 lbs easy!

Last edited: