New kifaru frame: light or ultralight???

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Hello everybody,

Right now I have a kifaru tactical frame that is 28” and a fulcrum bag, over the past couple of seasons I’ve used the frame as a hauler and I’m thinking of using it strictly for that purpose, maybe just putting a cargo net or a cargo panel thing on it and calling it good and just using it to pack out quarters and bags of meat when not really backpacking.

So I’m thinking of getting one of the updated frames and sticking with the fulcrum as I personally feel that the fulcrum is still the best bag they make so no need to switch.

I’m looking at the new frames and unless I’m mistaken, the lite is the same thickness of the tactical and the ultralight is the same thickness as the discontinued hunting frame.

I like the idea of the new frames because switching to a 26” lite would knock nearly 2 lbs off my empty pack weight while still using the fulcrum (minus those big plastic plates it comes with).

I guess the ultralight frame is just like 2oz lighter than the lite so it probably doesn’t make much difference but I’m wondering, which frame did you choose and why???

Has anybody here hauled a sheep or goat and all their gear off the mountain with the ultralight frame???

Thanks!!!

Jimbob

WKR
I had the same question so I called Aaron. I couldn’t even finish asking and Aaron said lite. His explanation was just that it would be tougher with hard use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I had the same question so I called Aaron. I couldn’t even finish asking and Aaron said lite. His explanation was just that it would be tougher with hard use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense, plus it has more attachment points anyways.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I have nothing else to compare to, as this was my first frame purchase, but I chose the Lite for the extra attachment points. The weight savings of the Ultralite was not significant enough for me.