NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

Wileycoyote

Lil-Rokslider
Here should be a better pic, besides turning a trekking pole into a horse shoe, and my bow taking a digger in the rocks, it was a great day! Kifaru packs let you try anything

Both Aron & Angie jumped right on this and got the problem resolved...I may have overreacted but this was no ordinary purchase...this is my gear addiction. :) Thanks Kifaru.

gotta+have+it.jpg

"Ya think"

No doubt JG358. I know that if I'd blown out my knee and back three weeks prior to my hunt, I wouldn't be predisposed to screaming at my computer monitor or crabby or anything. I'm sure that you woulda just said, "Well, durn it. That's too bad."

As long as no decent people were abused, I think Bruce gets a pass for going Private Hudson.

"Oh! That's great! That's just F'n great! Game over! What're we gonna F'n do now?!"

Last edited:

JG358

WKR
No doubt JG358. I know that if I'd blown out my knee and back three weeks prior to my hunt, I wouldn't be predisposed to screaming at my computer monitor or crabby or anything. I'm sure that you woulda just said, "Well, durn it. That's too bad."

As long as no decent people were abused, I think Bruce gets a pass for going Private Hudson.

"Oh! That's great! That's just F'n great! Game over! What're we gonna F'n do now?!"

LOL, dudes got a perfectly good duplex already... few more days aint gonna kill him. He'll still have the new one before his hunt. Skip childish internet hissy fit, call Kifaru and bam.... problem solved. :)

As far as getting hurt before season, I feel his pain. Threw out my back 2 weeks ago smoking cheese of all things and sciatica is kicking my ass. Does that mean I get a free pass to throw hissy fits too? I'll be sure to try to touch up on my drama queen skills just in case you say yes.

I deserve this. Yeah...the limpin', unrelenting pain and questioning whether or not I'll actually be able to hunt has me feeling pretty low. I remain resolute in my determination to go but my sciatic nerve is seriously F'ing that plan up...the knee not so much. After all the planning and preparing I find this just too frustrating. Same thing knocked me outta the game in 2012 (injured in a hit & run) and that sucked. The arrival of the pack was to be the highlight of the month for me...was hoping to find it has restorative properties. :) But I deserve this...carry on.

I will give myself 50 lashes with a wet noodle.

low-back-pain.jpg

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Got my tracking number email today. I leave for a sheep hunt tomorrow morning so I guess Becca may have already packed out a black bear with it while I am gone chasing sheep with my bro and she puts it to use on a solo backpack hunt for black bear.

three5x5s

WKR
Got my tracking number email today. I leave for a sheep hunt tomorrow morning so I guess Becca may have already packed out a black bear with it while I am gone chasing sheep with my bro and she puts it to use on a solo backpack hunt for black bear.

Think it could be possible Becca had Kifaru hold up your UL for a few days?? just saying

LOL, dudes got a perfectly good duplex already... few more days aint gonna kill him. He'll still have the new one before his hunt. Skip childish internet hissy fit, call Kifaru and bam.... problem solved. :)

As far as getting hurt before season, I feel his pain. Threw out my back 2 weeks ago smoking cheese of all things and sciatica is kicking my ass. Does that mean I get a free pass to throw hissy fits too? I'll be sure to try to touch up on my drama queen skills just in case you say yes.

Back problems and some other chit going sideways? I don't know that you need my permission to have a drama queen hissy fit, but I'd cut you some slack if you shouted at your computer. Just some empathy brother. Been there.

Brendan

WKR
Still waiting on a tracking number here. I'd need to have it in hand next Thursday as I leave for MT next Friday - starting to look doubtful for me...

trk3263

WKR
Still waiting on a tracking number here. I'd need to have it in hand next Thursday as I leave for MT next Friday - starting to look doubtful for me...

If you haven't you should call. If they have a date that you need it by I would put money they will make sure you get it. I need mine by Friday and they made sure it will be here tomorrow. They have some of the best customer service anywhere.

chuckhanisch

Lil-Rokslider
Wileycoyote- I noticed the IBLE lid, I use one too. Definitely a cheaper alternative that works just fine.

yardwork

Lil-Rokslider
Well I hemmed and hawed long enough and ordered my Hunting Duplex and Mountain Warrior bag tonight. I'm not hitting the mountains this year so they can make all of yours first I guess. :D That said I cannot wait to get my first "real" pack.

Wileycoyote

Lil-Rokslider
I was wondering how many carry over 140 Lb load on a regular basis. I had five days of food, sleep system, h2o, spotter, tripod, etc. before I left that morning it was 58 lbs + 5 with bow=63. I had great luck that morning and harvested my deer on the way to camp. So rather than go 1 1/2 miles back out I re arranged all of my food and gear to the cylinder pockets and placed the boned out meat on top of my tent and sleeping bag. Weighed at home meat =72lbs, skull before boiled and cleaned =12 lbs. So now we're up to 147lbs. I wasn't sure if it was possible on the mountain, but I figured I would try to carry it in one trip. Like I say the pack did it but it was not the most comfortable. I had a lot of pep talks with myself to get it out of there and back to the truck. So now I head out for elk and I think I need to get down to like 35 lb pack for a three days in. This should allow me to hike and hunt harder I hope. Now I just have to start sorting what I can do without. I guess backpack hunting like this is trial by fire, no 63lb pack in the fist place would of been an easy pack out, and I probaly should of just hiked out, dropped all my gear and then went back for my deer.

Wileycoyote

Lil-Rokslider
The new frames should hold up great! I only added one more arrow on each side of mine. So now I have 2 per side instead of one. But I was amazed no straps or stitching pulled out. Kifaru is the real deal.