New Kifaru hunting platform vs G2 duplex

oldhorse

WKR
This question goes out to all you guys who are using the new hunting platform in the field. How do they compare to the G2 duplex for comfort and overall performance? Any firsthand experience would be greatly appreciated.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
This question goes out to all you guys who are using the new hunting platform in the field. How do they compare to the G2 duplex for comfort and overall performance? Any firsthand experience would be greatly appreciated.
Packed alot with both. There is definitely more padding on the new hunting platform. Overall performance, they are both rock solid. I would be happy with either in the backcountry.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I agree 100% with Brock's post. The new frame is slightly more comfortable for me, and I like the weight savings, but I still use both.

I also still love my old internal frame Timberline1.

Kotaman

WKR
I agree 100% with Brock's post. The new frame is slightly more comfortable for me, and I like the weight savings, but I still use both.

I also still love my old internal frame Timberline1.

I too am a big fan of the internal T1. To answer your question, I prefer the new frame only because of the new padded chest straps. I always thought the old ones were a little thin under a big load, the new ones are perfect.