New Kifaru Megatarp

dotman

WKR
You are killing me. Lol. Some day soon I will get a stove. But when I do it will be a Kifaru. ;)

I would have bought a kifaru stove if they made a cylinder stove :) could careless about cooking on one just want the heat. I'll keep buggin Aron about :)

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I've had mine up for three days with no problems. Curtis yours might be to tight??

Curtis C

WKR
Ryan I do figure it was my pitch since it was only the second time I setup any Kifaru shelter. I remembered hearing/reading to set them tight so I did have it fairly tight. Next pitch I will go a little loser and see if it does better with only one rear loop staked down.

Sleeping bag hole 008 (Small).jpg

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Curtis, That baby is taut:) Did you seal yours before your trip? If not did the seams leak on the top at all?

Compared to my supertarp, this thing is roomy. So far I am loving it.

slim9300

WKR
I would have bought a kifaru stove if they made a cylinder stove :) could careless about cooking on one just want the heat. I'll keep buggin Aron about :)

That's kind of a touchy subject as you know. I agree on the cylinder stove. I would prefer the same. I guess we will see.

dotman

WKR
That's kind of a touchy subject as you know. I agree on the cylinder stove. I would prefer the same. I guess we will see.

Yeah but Aron does prefer to only heat and now that he has his new roll it may happen if he can convince Patrick. It is touchy but there is a place for both designs for sure.

slim9300

WKR
Yeah but Aron does prefer to only heat and now that he has his new roll it may happen if he can convince Patrick. It is touchy but there is a place for both designs for sure.

I realize that. I hope he does convince Patrick to go the cylinder stove route (again). I would pre-order one.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Spent 3 unexpected nights bivying out away from our spike camp in the Megatarp. It just made it in the day before we left for the trip. In fact we set it up on the mountain next to our SL-5 spike camp just to put the guy lines on it in case we needed it. Turns out we did, the following three nights. Being our puffy pants and sharing a GoLite quilt and a couple 8 oz pads the bivy out was about as comfy as you can hope for in a bivy situation.

Initial Setup:
P8110107.jpg

Bivy night location #1:
P8130145.jpg

Becca sleeping in on a frost morning of Bivy night #2 after an exciting previous day:
P8140192.jpg

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I agree with Matt that first pic is fantastic. What the heck is Becca sleeping in for?