New Kifaru Shape Charge

Trial153

WKR
I like it. I am moving more and more towards packs without a wasit belt for whitetail hunting. This maybe a consideration.

Jbehredt

WKR
I know I’ll end up with one as a travel bag. You meet the nicest people wearing kifaru in an airport.

WVTrooper

Lil-Rokslider
Got the shipping notice this afternoon. I dumped the urban ruck for this one as I primarily used it for work and overnight travel. It was just a bit small and didn’t particularly care for the top load only when it came to putting clothes in it. Worked great for laptop though. I think shape charge will be on point for my purposes.

I like it. I am moving more and more towards packs without a wasit belt for whitetail hunting. This maybe a consideration.

i came to that same conclusion last season. there's no reason for me to be carrying enough crap into the woods to necessitate a load bearing pack with a belt. if i'm carrying a stand i'm putting that on my back first and hanging the pack off of it.

pirogue

WKR
IMO, that excess of molle webbing is a turnoff. Can’t see half of that being used, much less needed.

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Other than the slightly more space what would make you upgrade from an Antero?

I use an Antero every day to carry my lunch, jacket, computer, and water bottle into work. I plan to use the Shape Charge for a general use daypack. That way I don't have to keep unloading my work stuff from my Antero every time I want a daypack.

Other than the slightly more space what would make you upgrade from an Antero?

I’ve been fighting this same dilemma since the Shape Charge emerged. Looks great. Been using my Antero daily for a little over a year and have zero complaints. Perfect for edc, travel, whitetail day hunting. Looking at the specs on the website they share similar dimensions. 19x11x6 for one and 19x10x6 for the other. Just can’t seem to pull the trigger knowing how much I love my Antero and how similarly sized the two bags are listed.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use an Antero every day to carry my lunch, jacket, computer, and water bottle into work. I plan to use the Shape Charge for a general use daypack. That way I don't have to keep unloading my work stuff from my Antero every time I want a daypack.

Exactly the same reasoning as me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cantharellus

Lil-Rokslider
If you currently owner neither the Shape Charge or Antero, which pack would you choose?

I've been having this debate myself...

I already own a 14'r for day trips and travel, but I've been wanting to replace my EDC bag with an Antero. The Shape Charge is pretty much the bag I've been wanting to see from Kifaru. I think I like the features and size of the SC a little more than the Antero if I wanted to use the bag for some quick weekend trips to see the family, or for other travel, and day trips. So the real question for me is, do I need both a 14'r and SC?

That probably doesn't help you very much... hah! I don't think you could go wrong with either of them.

oldhorse

WKR
My Shape Charge was on the porch when I got home from work today! My first impressions are good. It's a little bigger than it in the video with Frank. Looks like it's going to be very versatile. Run 'slick' , with grabit, with a Sherman Pocket, depending on the mission. Can't wait to take a hike with it!