New Kifaru Shape Charge

sneaky

"DADDY"
Now I understand how women get excited about purses lol. Y'all are entertaining every time a new bag gets released.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WVTrooper

Lil-Rokslider
SC showed up today. Initial assessment is that it is going to work very well for my intended use.

likewise, mine showed up this weekend and i was impressed with the bag. I certainly wouldn't want it any smaller for my needs and compresses down nicely when you aren't carrying much. Also picked up the Sherman and that works great with it too if looking for more storage. Happy so far

EZDoesit

FNG
How much weight can one carry in the shape charge reasonably well if anyone’s tested that yet? Would it work to strap a deer quarter or two on the back or would that be too much for this pack?

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
-EZDoesit
It doesn't have any load lifters for the SS so that would depend on how much fun you want to have. With a belt it can go up to 55-60 lbs before you'll start wishing you had a full on frame and that number will change from person to person. It does have a frame sheet with stays that connect to our Omni belt however so it's not entirely unstructured like some of our other smaller packs.

EZDoesit

FNG
-EZDoesit
It doesn't have any load lifters for the SS so that would depend on how much fun you want to have. With a belt it can go up to 55-60 lbs before you'll start wishing you had a full on frame and that number will change from person to person. It does have a frame sheet with stays that connect to our Omni belt however so it's not entirely unstructured like some of our other smaller packs.
Thanks Bender. I appreciate the info and I hadn’t even noticed the lack of lifters!

EZ

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would anybody mind posting up some pics of their shape charge? I’m interested to pick one up for EDC

dcd24f096d51f8e11f12d1affe6f21c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from a week and a half long exercise using the Shape Charge as an assault pack. Worked great for carrying a large puffy, a few MREs, admin stuff, spare socks and gloves, and various other items. Carried well loaded up even over a plate carrier

88da436572a0afa3af5022089a4fb729.jpg

66ca6d1d7f4fe74ce0a93cc96860c11b.jpg

ArborKat

FNG
Just ordered a shape charge this morning. Now the hard part is waiting! I think it's going to be great as a stand alone day bag/travel bag, and being able to attach it to my duplex frame for day hunts.

Pardner

FNG
I really like mine. Excellent built in organization (specially find the two external lid pockets useful), practical length and weight, and still able to attach a belt when needed. I've got it in coyote and could use another one if it came in black.

Has anyone put the SC on a frame yet? How will game quarters strap in?

I was planning on using a grab it attached to the frame to hold a game bag and then mount the SC to the frame. That way the pack isn’t holding the weight.