New Kifaru Shape Charge

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
so , would you choose this over one of their external frame packs?

I would say no. Depending on what your doing but the SC is more of a every day carry and truck hunt type bag. It’s not going to be the best option for heavier loads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
Ordered one last night. All the pics and videos I've seen don't have the belt. Anyone running one with a belt? Kind of excited to have a day pack I can use a gun bearer on and a have a nalgene pocket on my left hip for quick access while walking.

ChrisAU

WKR
Looks like this Pack does have a waist pack.

It can be ordered without it, and is removable. Which I ordered mine with aluminum stays to save $25 because I'm not ever going to worried about the weight of it when doing what I have planned for it. It did strike me as odd that you could order one with composite stays without a belt - for $325, but you couldn't order one with aluminum stays without a belt. I'm sure you could if you called in, but I wanted the belt. Which it is easily removable too.

Ordered one last night. All the pics and videos I've seen don't have the belt. Anyone running one with a belt? Kind of excited to have a day pack I can use a gun bearer on and a have a nalgene pocket on my left hip for quick access while walking.

I used the belt on mine when I was out looking for sheds (badger pic). Works great and sits in my hips where it should. I’ve got a small belt pouch for my rangefinder on one side

I have a 5 day trek coming up where i dont have to worry about carrying food and shelter so i dont need a huge bag. I already have a reckoning but i'll use the bag as a carry on so i dont know how much the plane staff will dig my 24" frame as a carry on.

Otherwise looking at the SC or the 14r. For those who bought the SC, is there a crafty way to hook the Grab-It to it?

ChrisAU

WKR
I have a 5 day trek coming up where i dont have to worry about carrying food and shelter so i dont need a huge bag. I already have a reckoning but i'll use the bag as a carry on so i dont know how much the plane staff will dig my 24" frame as a carry on.

Otherwise looking at the SC or the 14r. For those who bought the SC, is there a crafty way to hook the Grab-It to it?

I'd imagine since it was designed to accept a Sherman pocket it'd be just as easy to put a Grab-It on it.

I'd imagine since it was designed to accept a Sherman pocket it'd be just as easy to put a Grab-It on it.
fair point! the bottom of the Sherman attaches to the k-clip and the grab it has those bare straps that loop in the meatshelf attachment on the duplex but might be able to rig something. thank you

ChrisAU

WKR
fair point! the bottom of the Sherman attaches to the k-clip and the grab it has those bare straps that loop in the meatshelf attachment on the duplex but might be able to rig something. thank you

I’d probably loop the straps on the grab it back to their own buckles on the bottom and then install them with k-clips and be able to easily adjust those bottom straps if needed.

WVTrooper

Lil-Rokslider

It doesn’t have the plastic common loops like you’re talking about. You could do like Chris suggested by making a loop and using K-clips. Would work just fine. However the SC does have two daisy chains on the bottom. Just run the straps through them and it would work just the same as the common loops

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
559c9f6e4bfed8821a18374a9b8836f2.jpg
ffe0e850465f4fc3ca1b16fa0238ea81.jpg
7a0bf8bc3191c9eab55c1f6787256214.jpg

TacticoolMike

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried attaching the Shape Charge to a Cargo Panel or a way to set it up to act as a cargo panel on a duplex frame? I'm curious if it would work well acting as a compression panel for camping gear sandwiched to the frame that you could detach and use as a daypack when you are at camp. Or would that be to much of a hassle?

PSDBowhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone tried attaching the Shape Charge to a Cargo Panel or a way to set it up to act as a cargo panel on a duplex frame? I'm curious if it would work well acting as a compression panel for camping gear sandwiched to the frame that you could detach and use as a daypack when you are at camp. Or would that be to much of a hassle?

I'd be interested in this as well. I'm thinking about getting the shape charge as a whitetail treestand pack for pre hung sets and a western day pack. I also do a lot of run and gun whitetail hunting with a lone Wolf stand and climbing sticks. Could you sandwich a lone Wolf between a duplex and a shape charge? If so, you could comfortably pack in a stand and sticks a couple miles and have your treestand pack.

WTFJohn

WKR
I'd be interested in this as well. I'm thinking about getting the shape charge as a whitetail treestand pack for pre hung sets and a western day pack. I also do a lot of run and gun whitetail hunting with a lone Wolf stand and climbing sticks. Could you sandwich a lone Wolf between a duplex and a shape charge? If so, you could comfortably pack in a stand and sticks a couple miles and have your treestand pack.

In general, all of Kifaru's bags use straps and webbing with the same spacing. Get a Guide Lid & Compression Kit and you can mix and match to your heart's content.

Here's my Shape Charge (tripod, spotter, misc stuff inside) on a Tactical frame with some snow shoes for a load reference. It's up to the individual user if this would be a good setup; I have other bags so this is a combo I wouldn't use. The same strap kit above would also let you lash things to either the bag or the frame, or either to a tree or a branch.

To keep the rest of the SC discussion on track; I did a 15.5 mile backcountry loop last Saturday with ~30 lbs of optics and camera gear without any issues. The SC carries weight well for what it is, and the access into the bag/pocket layout is fantastic.

PsgvHxI.jpg

SLiZCVv.jpg

rtoGF0W.jpg