New Kryptek Clothes!

Just got my Arma hoody, Ghar puffy and Bora jacket. Was a bit concerned on sizing based on what I read. I'm 6'3", 275 lb, 52" chest, 37" sleeves. 18" neck, think offensive lineman, many moons ago (I'm 60)! Ordered all of them in 3xl. All my other cloths are 2xl or 2xl tall. I only will get a 3xl for sleeve length and shoulder/chest room, waist is usually big enough to fit 2 more people in with me...lol.

The Arma and Bora fit like they were tailor made for me. A relaxed form fit, not tight but no baggyness. These are the smallest 3xl I have ever tried on. Sleeve length, chest/shoulders and length are perfect. Fit more like a relaxed fit 2xl tall. Great freedom of movement. The Ghar is similar just a bit more room in the chest and waist area, not a normal 3xl but a bit roomier than the Arma and Bora. Room for layering. They fit just a bit larger than some of the Sitka 2xl jackets I tried on and smaller than the Sitka 3xl I tried.

The Arma is the longest in the torso by at least 3 inches. Perfect as it will provide great back cover sitting. The wool lining makes this a super comfortable jacket. A bit on the light side but a great base layer. The Ghar has a bit of an extended rear torso, again very nice. Not bulky and surprisingly thin. Hope it is as warm as the reviews say it is. The Bora is a nice length but both the Arma and Ghar are longer. No issues with the cold going up your back when sitting.

No issues with layering a tshirt, Arma, Ghar and Bora. Could easily swap the tshirt for a mid to heavy merino layer with no sizing issues. Again fits like they were tailor made. Great freedom of movement and weight.

The Bora is a bit noisey, like a nylon jacket. More of a swishy sound when walking or rubbing it. Might not be the best archery jacket if you are really concerned with sound.

Overall I am very please with this setup. Got a great deal from Black Ovis and Kryptek on sale.

I recently got the Bora also. This is the unlined soft shell jacket I’ve been wanting for years. It fits great and I love the layout, fabric, pockets etc. that said it’s not a rain jacket. I was in some heavy rain for an hour or so this weekend... the fabric did great but I got wet through the sleeve patch area. Light rain and snow it would be perfect... plus you can still hump and not feel like you’re wearing a trash bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently got the Bora also. This is the unlined soft shell jacket I’ve been wanting for years. It fits great and I love the layout, fabric, pockets etc. that said it’s not a rain jacket. I was in some heavy rain for an hour or so this weekend... the fabric did great but I got wet through the sleeve patch area. Light rain and snow it would be perfect... plus you can still hump and not feel like you’re wearing a trash bag.

Does the bora not have a fleece liner? Is it fairly thin?

RyanC

WKR
Does the bora not have a fleece liner? Is it fairly thin?

The Bora Jacket does have a thin/lite fleece lining. Seems more for comfort than for warmth, although it does help in that aspect as well. Hope that helps.

Ryan

OP
T
Just checked my jacket. Yes it is a very thin smooth feeling layer. Not sure the material. Makes it very easy to put on over layers. Very comfortable.

OP
T
Good question on the material. The jacket is thin/lightweight, not flimsy or cheap feeling. Doesn't feel like it would snag on thorns and stuff. Reminds me of an old Goretex rain jacket I had. Made it through many years of hard use. I'll find out during 3rd season in CO. For the price I hope it holds up.

I've been wearing it while walking around the hills in my neighborhood. Seems to keep your temperature pretty neutral. When I got slightly hot I opened the pit zips and got home with no sweat, only wearing a cotton tshirt. Wore it on a misty, light rain day and kept me dry for the hour or so I was out. It did cut the wind!

My plan is to wear this as an outer layer on the warm or moderately cold days. I have a heavier wind proof fleece lined for colder weather.

I’ve gone through some thick stuff with it. It’s very durable. No issues.