New Kuiu Camo Pattern?

Agree. We are built about the same, I'm a little taller. Have had the exact same experience with Kuiu, Sitka, and Kryptek. Their definition of athletic is a marathon runner.

So I am guessing a 30" thigh is not going to work? I wear a XL Tall or XXL in most companies tops and need a XXXL in the 240 jacket. My son who is a XL Tall in everything tried it on and said it fit perfect. I hate having to order without trying the stuff on!

Last edited:
I wouldn't even know what size to tell you. They run small.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

That's why I am wearing the Eddie Bauer Guide Cargo pants. I can try them on and while they are slightly tight in the thigh after a couple hours they strecth and fit great. The best part is I got them for less than $30 bucks on sale with an additional coupon vs $140 plus on the hunting specific brands whether they are solids or camo.

big44a4

WKR
So I am guessing a 30" thigh is not going to work? I wear a XL Tall or XXL in most companies tops and need a XXXL in the 240 jacket. My son who is a XL Tall in everything tried it on and said it fit perfect. I hate having to order without trying the stuff on!

Haha. Depends on your waist but most likely you are correct they will be fairly snug. Most people that are of similar weight to me or even less wear a larger waist giving them more thigh room. Could be the same for you. I have 25” thighs at my proportions and wear L tops/jackets. XL tops would fit more relaxed around chest/shoulders/arms but are too long and way to loose around mid section (not big deal as base layers are meant to snug aka athletic fit in this case). Outer layer pants should not fit the same IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. Depends on your waist but most likely you are correct they will be fairly snug. Most people that are of similar weight to me or even less wear a larger waist giving them more thigh room. Could be the same for you. I have 25” thighs at my proportions and wear L tops/jackets. XL tops would fit more relaxed around chest/shoulders/arms but are too long and way to loose around mid section (not big deal as base layers are meant to snug aka athletic fit in this case). Outer layer pants should not fit the same IMO.

I am a big boy at 6’2 and 280 lbs. I have a 50” chest, 40” waist and thighs are 29-30”. My son is 6’5 and 245lbs. With a 46” chest and 34” waist.

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
A long time ago, I seem to recall a Brtish army study that showed blue green color blind people could pick out soldiers wearing camo better than soldiers with normal color vision

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
I wish that video was still live, I never got a chance to see it...Anybody have screen shots?

This is the last part of the ad. I wasn't looking for it but it popped on as an advertisement on YouTube before a video played. I just was reading this thread prior to going to YouTube. Lol. Weird . Anyhow I don't see anyone wearing camo. I assume it is meant to blend into a sub alpine terrain. Idk.
6f03a857916983da653ae1a996fb4368.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Bookhead

FNG
And 1000$ less in your pocket. Where as if most guys put that in their gas tank and scouted it would proabably help

I don't know if the patterns help nearly as much as the fit, comfort, warnth, and moisture wicking abilities help keeping people in the outdoors longer. Since I've been using sitka gear I've killed 8 wall hanger whitetail. 1 prior to wearing sitka/first lite. I just think it is so nice to wear that it keeps me on stand way longer than I used to. I am not a big fan of kuiu but I do hear the attack pants are some of the best pants you can get for western hunting. I'd like to try a pair. I can care less what pattern or solid color pants are. They are all better than what I started out using. Kuiu does not appeal to the whitetail hunter enough for here in the east or midwest. Sitka and first lite do a much better job in that category.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk