New KUIU hats and black merino in

OP
J
I ordered 3 hats and 1 each of the shirts. Those shirts are going to be huge for me when I am ground blind hunting in Arkansas during bow season when it is 90+ outside. I'm stoked.

Jplus4

FNG
I just received my 180 crew and some logo tees. Wish I would've waited for a couple days to save on shipping. You're right Dreamin, the shirts have a good price tag. Do you guys think the hats will show sweat or would I be able to rinse it off easy? I tend to soak hats while backpacking.

Wearing a black merino tee for a scouting trip or the trip into spike camp fits me just fine. I do like my firstlite dry earth tee though.

Figured i would give the new hat a try also. I agree it would be nice to see the new merino shirts with different color options...

Eagle

WKR
I think y'all need to read the specs, the black t's list "slight itch" as one of the specs! Sounds like he's selling them at such a discouted rate to just attempt to get something out of them. 18.5 micron wool should NOT be itchy, but if he listed it as itchy, I don't think I'd bother with it as it has to be much lower quality.

I think y'all need to read the specs, the black t's list "slight itch" as one of the specs! Sounds like he's selling them at such a discouted rate to just attempt to get something out of them. 18.5 micron wool should NOT be itchy, but if he listed it as itchy, I don't think I'd bother with it as it has to be much lower quality.

I read that. I don't think it will be a big deal. I have some wool shirts that others think is really itchy and it doesn't bother me at all.

Dixie07

Lil-Rokslider
Have you ever worn other 18.5 micron merino wool shirts? They all IMO have a slight itch to them. They aren't as comfortable as a soft cotton t shirt. I have had experience with Ibex, smartwool, first lite, and the other KUIU in 18.5 and I would describe them all as having a slight itch at time.

OutdoorAg

WKR
My First Lite short sleeve in Dry Earth is fantastic, not itchy and great quality. Just an alternative for someone looking around.

For clarification, this is the only 18.5 micron merino shirt we have offered. However, this does not discount the fact that this is still a great KUIU Branded Performance shirt at a great price. We received this fabric as a special limited run offering from our Merino supplier. This is why it is offered in black only and at such a great price.

From an industry standard, 18.5 micron is extremely soft and considered a next to skin Merino Wool. Many manufactures sell only 18.5 micron Merino Wool as their base layer.

I pulled the trigger on one of the long sleeve shirts, merino has never made me itch so we will see. I wanted a hat but I thought they were going to do a flex fit style, so I was a little disappointed I will wait and see if a flex fit comes out here soon because I know it was mentioned on the blog