New Kuiu Kenai

andydwyer

WKR
Looks like Kuiu just updated the Kenai line. Once someone gets their hands on it, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

How are the pants? Worth while?

How about the hooded jacket? How does it fit in the chest/shoulders? Same as before? I had some problems with the old one not being roomy enough in the shoulders and the next size up being too baggy to fit in my layering system.

How about the hooded jacket? How does it fit in the chest/shoulders? Same as before? I had some problems with the old one not being roomy enough in the shoulders and the next size up being too baggy to fit in my layering system.
Have the same questions. Old one is way to tight in the shoulders. Hope they fixed it.

xcutter

WKR
I recently just purchased the last revision of the jacket. I really like the fit for me. The biggest difference I read on the new one is that the 3DeFX insulation now has some new coating on it. The pants do look really interesting as mentioned above.

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
I’m interested in the pants as well! I too have last years jacket and can’t see enough changes to warrant swapping it out.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I like the look of the pants too. Maybe they will replace my LPP pants if they are lighter and pack smaller.

Wander how it comps to Black Ovis set?
I think the Blackovis set is down insulation whereas this is going to be a synthetic meant for more active situations, so not quite as warm as the down. Although I can eat crow if I'm wrong because I don't have the Blackovis. Ha!

bozeman

WKR
I think the Blackovis set is down insulation whereas this is going to be a synthetic meant for more active situations, so not quite as warm as the down. Although I can eat crow if I'm wrong because I don't have the Blackovis. Ha!
Thanks, wasn't sure of the difference.

Carpdemon

FNG
I'm going to keep my eyes on this one as well. Being a Wisconsin bowhunter I've been waiting for Kuiu to come out with some quiet layers!

Ok.
I'm 5' 11" 215 pounds.
Xl jackets fit except kuiu which I require XXL in jackets
Any input on this general sizing of the new model is appreciated.
Would like to order one

H80Hunter

WKR
They don’t have zips but the Patagonia nano air pants are very comfortable and quiet. They aren’t ideal for taking on and off but for certain applications they’re great. I use them under timberlines for coyote hunting.

willidru

WKR
Are the pants full length? I’ve got one of the early generations of Kenai and one of my favorite things was that they were 3/4 length and easy to pull off as an insulation layer.

TravisIN

WKR
I’m very intrigued by the pants too. Might be exactly what I’ve been waiting for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Considering it as an outer layer instead of Guide jacket for mid to late sept elk in Colorado. Or should this kenai really be viewed as an insulating mid layer?