New KUIU pattern, Verde

Yukondog

WKR
I'm very happy with the Vias. I don't see the need for the green. From what I've read ungulates can't see it. Might be for consumer appeal more than anything. Had a cow walk passed me at 8yds opening weekend and she had no idea I was there. Never got a shot off because of the heavy timber. Was a very cool experience though. I will stick with the Vias for now.

sk1

WKR
i like it alot actually....some people complain about the digital pattern, but i actually think it helps break up the shapes better than vias does......i already own mostly vias so i will finish off that collection, but when I need new pieces I will slowly replace it with verde

seems to be the same as far as function, dont blame him for throwing another option out there though

Only thing I would fault on it is the effect it'll have on filling back orders. They are already hard to find in stock at times and another color line may not help the situation.

Mike

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
It looks a lot like the sitka pattern out there with slight changes. I think it is a marketing thing. Should get some deals on some Vias stuff as people will want the latest and greatest.

Rizzy

WKR
I like the light and dark contrast of the Vias better, the Verde almost looks like it might turn into a dark blob at a long distance

Lukem

WKR
I like the light and dark contrast of the Vias better, the Verde almost looks like it might turn into a dark blob at a long distance

Businesses always listen to their consumers, even when they think they're wrong. Can't blame him, he's got a great product, but didn't Jason spend hours and hours on his blog explaining why green was unnecessary? In the end, you have to listen to your consumers.

He is a good business man and working in a very profitable industry. With that said I still pick the Vias. If the new verde suits the needs of certain consumers so be it.

trevore

Lil-Rokslider
I think the addition of the green was to satisfy all those who were clamoring for it. But the "verde" pattern has less contrast, which he agreed works better in timbered or heavily forested environments.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
I like it, will i replace all my vias? No. But as i get new pieces i may start getting them in this pattern.

I think it might blob up a little at longer ranges, but then again it looks as if it breaks up your outline more at the closer ranges. Looks like a little more open of a pattern than sitkas forest optifade, which i think is great for up close.

swat8888

WKR
I'd be curious to see each of the newer camo patterns, optifade, verde, highlander, etc. shown in less than ideal pictures using the "ungulate" vision...however they photo shop that. Of course all these patterns look awesome and conceal a hunter when the background is specially chosen by the manufacturer for advertisement purposes. What I'd like to see is each of the different camo types in several different environments to include some less than ideal conditions (i.e.- Hunting kneeling in the open, standing at full draw while being partially or totally silhouetted, sitting up glassing from a ridge, etc.). I would then be more convinced to choose one camo over the other. I guess I'm just a skeptic and don't believe the hype, marketing of camo products that choose the best case scenario in the perfect background to show how "effective" their product is.

BigWave

Lil-Rokslider
Only thing I would fault on it is the effect it'll have on filling back orders. They are already hard to find in stock at times and another color line may not help the situation.

Mike

X2 I got tired of waiting for stuff and abandoned ship.

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
I like the new pattern a lot, however, I agree with the others on here wondering why bring out another line of anything when you can't fill orders as it is. I really like the Attack pants I have, and had planned on adding more Kuiu gear, but they never have anything in stock.