New Kuiu Pro LT Bags Are Out

Tahoe1305

WKR
Received my 4000 Pro Lt to join my pro 1850 and ultra 7000. I run the pro suspension, but because the 1850 can run without a frame and they had an ultra for sale for $40 I snagged an ultra suspension to have for the 1850 as a backup setup.

I’m pretty impressed with the Pro Lt 4000. For those wondering there are TWO front pockets outside the main bag pocket. Instead of the middle zipper pocket on the older ultra bags that zipper is moved to the left side and it can’t really be seen on any of kuiu’s website pictures. I was able to fit a tripod and 65mm spotter in this pocket with a bit of spare room. The other pocket is the smaller one that can be seen on the top. It has a mesh pocket inside with key holder.

I packed the 4000 out and fit a small tent, sleeping bag, extra set of clothes with both puffy pants and a vest plus kill kit. There was room for food and water still. Would be a good multi day pack.

Might consider the 5000 if I really wanted options for a multi day hunt and only wanted a single bag option. My 7000 covers down on that though and I’m good with a few bags. One of the coolest things I like about the Kuiu packs. Extra bags only cost $130 or so.

Last edited:

Baron528

FNG
Received my 4000 Pro Lt to join my pro 1850 and ultra 7000. I run the pro suspension, but because the 1850 can run without a frame and they had an ultra for sale for $40 I snagged an ultra suspension to have for the 1850 as a backup setup.

I’m pretty impressed with the Pro Lt 4000. For those wondering there are TWO front pockets outside the main bag pocket. Instead of the middle zipper pocket on the older ultra bags that zipper is moved to the left side and it can’t really be seen on any of kuiu’s website pictures. I was able to fit a tripod and 65mm spotter in this pocket with a bit of spare room. The other pocket is the smaller one that can be seen on the top. It has a mesh pocket inside with key holder.

I packed the 4000 out and fit a small tent, sleeping bag, extra set of clothes with both puffy pants and a vest plus kill kit. There was room for food and water still. Would be a good multi day pack.

Might consider the 5000 if I really wanted options for a multi day hunt and only wanted a single bag option. My 7000 covers down on that though and I’m good with a few bags. One of the coolest things I like about the Kuiu packs. Extra bags only cost $130 or so.

Thanks for the description on the larger pocket. I've been waiting on a response for a few days from Kuiu.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Thanks for the description on the larger pocket. I've been waiting on a response for a few days from Kuiu.
Sure thing. I’ll go take a few picts real quick.

Attachments

• 5B58B790-3845-4818-99FA-F3A7A53A4630.jpeg
    5B58B790-3845-4818-99FA-F3A7A53A4630.jpeg
    370.4 KB · Views: 207
  • 08038F40-DD2A-4395-AE76-84E982B274C0.jpeg
    08038F40-DD2A-4395-AE76-84E982B274C0.jpeg
    327.3 KB · Views: 207
  • E9E31287-B3E0-457E-ABEF-98CED587EBE8.jpeg
    E9E31287-B3E0-457E-ABEF-98CED587EBE8.jpeg
    426.6 KB · Views: 208

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider

I have the older 4000 and wish the middle zipper front pocket was bigger. It sounds like the new 4000 has a larger front pocket. Would you say the new 4000 has more space overall than the old 4000 (I'm assuming the main compartment on the two are the same size)?

j33

WKR
Kuiu got back to me about the Pro LT 5500, it's a 800 cuin lid but didn't know the weight. On my 6000 it weighed 6oz on the nose, so should be a little less than that.

ChrisAU

WKR
Don't see a reason to upgrade from the Ultra 4000 I have to a Pro LT 4000, but I am intrigued by the 5500 for when I need more space, especially running it without the lid to get in the 4700-4800 CI range. Thanks for the info. I'll have my Divide 1200 today, will post some thoughts tonight.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I have the older 4000 and wish the middle zipper front pocket was bigger. It sounds like the new 4000 has a larger front pocket. Would you say the new 4000 has more space overall than the old 4000 (I'm assuming the main compartment on the two are the same size)?

I don’t own the ultra 4000 so I can’t directly compare. However, it appears the ability to pack from the side vs the middle will allow you to cram more stuff in without stressing the zipper as much. And these zippers seem pretty beefy too. Also it allows side access with something on the back of the pack (gun/bow/other). If I were a betting man I’d say you can get more space out of the new one. It’s big.

I’m guessing the lids are the same for all the packs. I have one on my ultra 7000 I removed and put on the 4000 and it covers/fits the same (minus the bag quick straps). I’d guess real close to 6oz on the lid.

ChrisAU

WKR
Divide 1200 was waiting for me at home when I went home for lunch. First impressions are it will be great for my intended use, whitetail hunting. It’s bigger than I thought it would be, but not huge. Here’s pics, one comparing size to Stalker 500 on left and Venture 1800 on right, then with a fairly large jacket, a First Lite Woodbury, in the stuff it pocket.

BB8DE82F-E6B5-42B5-A448-B55A202E1C32.jpegCA31E379-E538-4C8A-B909-ECF8BC8856AF.jpeg

lonedave

WKR
Divide 1200 was waiting for me at home when I went home for lunch. First impressions are it will be great for my intended use, whitetail hunting. It’s bigger than I thought it would be, but not huge. Here’s pics, one comparing size to Stalker 500 on left and Venture 1800 on right, then with a fairly large jacket, a First Lite Woodbury, in the stuff it pocket.

View attachment 218726View attachment 218727
Chris, how thick are the shoulder straps? I'm curious because I bought a stalker 500 to use for bird hunting because they have relatively thin straps that don't add a bunch of bulk under your shotgun stock to throw your length of pull off. (At least that was my thought while trying to figure out reasons I keep missing birds - I know, it's not the equipment!) ;) Still, that looks more the right size for a bird hunting pack.

ChrisAU

WKR
Chris, how thick are the shoulder straps? I'm curious because I bought a stalker 500 to use for bird hunting because they have relatively thin straps that don't add a bunch of bulk under your shotgun stock to throw your length of pull off. (At least that was my thought while trying to figure out reasons I keep missing birds - I know, it's not the equipment!) ;) Still, that looks more the right size for a bird hunting pack.

That’s actually one thing I’m not the biggest fan of on it, they are thick. I’ll try to get a comparison pic. It’ll be comfortable with weight but I don’t think anyone is going to be carrying a lot of weight with this little pack.

N2TRKYS

WKR

View attachment 218726View attachment 218727

If you didn’t have the other two packs, do you think you’d still prefer this one or the 1500 version?

ChrisAU

WKR
If you didn’t have the other two packs, do you think you’d still prefer this one or the 1500 version?

I’m not entirely sure that I don’t still prefer the Stalker 500 if I’m honest. Not sure why I have the 1800 lol I’ve only used it for travel. Fits good under an airplane seat ha.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’m not entirely sure that I don’t still prefer the Stalker 500 if I’m honest. Not sure why I have the 1800 lol I’ve only used it for travel. Fits good under an airplane seat ha.

Lol. The 500 looked bigger in your pic than on Kuiu’s website. The 1200 looks pretty slick. Does it have any pockets inside or just the one large open space?

jester87

Lil-Rokslider
That’s actually one thing I’m not the biggest fan of on it, they are thick. I’ll try to get a comparison pic. It’ll be comfortable with weight but I don’t think anyone is going to be carrying a lot of weight with this little pack.

Bummer, i was about to buy the 1200 for the extra room over the Stalker but noticed the thicker shoulder pads too. I like how the stalker ones are low profile and doesnt interfere with shouldering a rifle.

ChrisAU

WKR
Lol. The 500 looked bigger in your pic than on Kuiu’s website. The 1200 looks pretty slick. Does it have any pockets inside or just the one large open space?

It has a couple little pockets in both big ones. I’ll get pics of those and the shoulder straps soon.

jester87

Lil-Rokslider

On Kuiu’s site, if you click on the valo option it shows more photos including the inside pockets.

macjensen

FNG
Took the 5500 out on a scouting trip for Oregon mule deer this weekend. Love the waterproof bottom panel. Sat to glass and bottom doesn’t soak up water and dirt falls right off. The lid was bigger than I expected and will probably run the pack without it unless I’m doing a multi day trip.

ChrisAU

WKR

Here’s a pic comparing the straps.

561F8116-C1CE-4611-9BA4-0C36FEB073ED.jpeg

ChrisAU

WKR
I bet those thicker straps feel better when that pack is full vs if it had the thinner ones.

Maybe you’ll get use to them. Still a good looking pack, though.

Yeah and I just had the idea last night that my portable half blind should fold up and be able to fit between the divide pack with a little folding stool, meaning I can walk without the blind slung over my shoulder and have my rifle in my hands. I do a lot of hunting like that so I think that'll be really nice.