New Kuiu Pro Suspension and Pro Bag Review

tdot

WKR
Yea my torso was a very small fuzz over 19” which is why I went xl on the frame. I have done several 75lb hikes with it just to test and I feel it handles it great compared to the mr metcalf I had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The L frame was noticeably too short above 75-80lbs. I primarily bought to optimize day hunting thru thick brush, which is why I chose the L. For load carrying, I'd definitely stick with the XL.

You guys have helped immensely with all of your suggestions. I did another 3.5mile hike this morning before heading to work and since I've been home I've been wearing my weighted back around the house getting dinner ready for my wife and daughters.

As of right now I'm still rocking the L/XL Belt. It feels good. I lowered my shoulder straps an inch and I think that allowed the straps to pull the top of the back tighter against me which helped distribute the weight. I think I need to lower my left shoulder strap up to a half an inch more to really fine tune it(I'm incredibly right side dependent and everything is just a bit larger on that side). Anyways...after making these minute adjustments, I've been in nirvana with this pack and frame. I can actually feel the weight distributed around the entire waist belt rather than just one direct fulcrum point.

Sometimes all it takes is an extra set of eyes or suggestions and I can't thank everyone enough.

On another note...does anyone else just wear their back around the house when doing tasks/chores?

It's been about 2 weeks now with no adjustments made. 40lbs has become nearly imperceptable and I've resorted to strapping a 20lb dumbell to the top of my pack to get it up to 60lbs. My next step will have to be an 80lb bag of sand/sakrete from the Home Depot. I probably won't go beyond that...and if I can get it dialed in with 80lbs for comfort, then the next step will be durability. One potential weak spot I'm keeping an eye on are the shoulder strap connection points. Not the frame, but point where the T-bolts connect to the strap. Perhaps I'm over thinking it, but there seems to be alot of pull away stress as I lift the pack to address it on my right shoulder. I see SG and Kifaru have straps across at that point and I may find myself doing alittle DIY to increase that bearing area on the shoulder straps.

LIbow31

FNG
Is there any full review of the Pro 2300? looking to pull the trigger on this bag soon but can't find an in-depth review of this size. Any sales coming up i should wait for?

hikenhunt

WKR
They have a few sales every year and if you sign up for their email list, you get a discount code on your birthday. If you don't need it in a hurry and want to save some cash, I'd wait for a sale

Sizzle

FNG
That 4” on each side of the buckle is what you don’t want. You want the buckles as close to waist belt padding as possible without bottoming out.
I think i'm going to be getting this exact system for sheep hunting, just a bit confused on what size waist belt and frame i should be getting, 20 inch torso and my pant size is 31 or 32 for waist.....I'm thinking Xtall frame and s/m belt but then i've heard you want the belt to wrap around you as much as possible so should i get the L belt? thanks!

LIbow31

FNG
I think i'm going to be getting this exact system for sheep hunting, just a bit confused on what size waist belt and frame i should be getting, 20 inch torso and my pant size is 31 or 32 for waist.....I'm thinking Xtall frame and s/m belt but then i've heard you want the belt to wrap around you as much as possible so should i get the L belt? thanks!
i have the same/similar waste, i’m a 32 pant, and got the large/xl suspension and the belt fits perfect. wraps around nice with a little bit of strap left to continue tightening

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would personally get the L/XL frame with the large belt based on what you described. Once you get it, dress like you would for your hunt and cinch it down to see how the belt fits.

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone maybe help me?
When did the "XTRA TALL" frame option become available? I've been using the "TALL" this year and the stays haven't been long enough to lift the load comfortably but I've just been dealing with it for this season. Is the xtra tall a new size option? Kind of bitter to be honest. Settle for something sub par due to sizing and the correct sizing is released afterwards. 😔😭

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can anyone maybe help me?
When did the "XTRA TALL" frame option become available? I've been using the "TALL" this year and the stays haven't been long enough to lift the load comfortably but I've just been dealing with it for this season. Is the xtra tall a new size option? Kind of bitter to be honest. Settle for something sub par due to sizing and the correct sizing is released afterwards. 😔😭
2017 or 2018 I believe is when they added the xtra tall (26”) frame.