New Kuiu Pro Suspension and Pro Bag Review

Yeah I like insulated pants for cold days in Montana. Even wear insulated during archery because theres usually a good amount of rain and the mornings can get cold.

I have Glalatin Ridge Berber/Wool pants for late season if it gets really cold, but usually wear a medium insulated pant similar to the Kuiu Guide with thermal layer.

Watch those pieces on barbed wire fences. I have ripped and repaired both my Guide jacket and pants.

MGade84

FNG
Kuiu has launched the new Kuiu Pro Suspension and the Pro Bags and both are on their website for ordering and specifications.

I have had the Pro Suspension and the 6000 Pro Bag for a couple of weeks now. I did my best to go over the features of the new items in their respective videos.

6000 Pro Bag:

Kuiu Website for 6000 Pro Bag:

Pro Suspension:

Kuiu Website for Pro Suspension:

If you have any questions about either of the new items, just ask on this thread and I will answer it and if I don't know the answer I will get it for you.

Overall, both the Pro Suspension and the Pro Bags seem to have some very good and efficient improvements.

Thank you for the thorough review! I'll be ordering my new Kuiu pack next week!

Akfisher

FNG
First post here at Rokslide, thanks for the awesome community and being patient with a newb. I have been looking at this new pro system for a bit and love a lot of aspects of it but have two concerns with regards to older kuiu pack systems. Heavy loads and noise. I'm in AK and there is a good possibility a moose quarter will be strapped to any pack I own; how much room is there in the meat sling area? Full hind elk quarter no prob? The primary purpose for this bag would be for alpine hunts so while the option to purpose it for a moose hunt would be nice it's easy enough to have a freighter frame. More important is the noise issue that i have read about on other forums about the older ico pro system. Some have said the pack is unusable because the frame squeaks loud. While i find this hard to imagine have any of you noticed this with the new pro suspension system? Thanks!!

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
There isn’t any noise in the Pro version. The very first Icon Pro’s were susceptible to some noise. The fitment, design and components have eliminated that issue. As far as how much room for a moose quarter, I would think it would be fine. The pack can move away from the frame as far as the straps will go and if needed you can get even longer straps. I am sure there are pics of moose or elk quarters being carried that way somewhere out on the internet.

UTXPLR

FNG
so I've read alot of reviews on packs, not much love from rokslide for Kuiu packs however I'm curious to know if anyone has experience yet with the new pro system? are they better than the old version, materials stronger, do they ride better more stable with a load?

I'm this close to buying one however my apprehensions are with the durability with material and overall comfort under 30-50+ lbs. loaded. any experience out there with the new set up?? thanks.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have posted plenty in this thread about them. I have packed out several animals and they have been far superior to the originals and their bags are better than anyone’s IMO. Overall they are lightweight as well so you don’t start out with a nine pound set up to start with.

UTXPLR

FNG
I have posted plenty in this thread about them. I have packed out several animals and they have been far superior to the originals and their bags are better than anyone’s IMO. Overall they are lightweight as well so you don’t start out with a nine pound set up to start with.

thanks, I may just have to give them a try. I sold my exo k2 3500 mainly due to the set up of the bag I prefer a couple more pockets here and there. The new K3 4800 looks to have added some however the price tag vs the 30% off kuiu right now is what is eating at me.....I need some new boots so the extra savings may do me well lol.

I like the layout of the Pro bags over the ultra bags better. which size would you say is the most do it all size?

thanks for the help.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Pro 3600 is my go to bag unless I am packing in for several days and then I run the Pro 6000.

There has been some discussion of building a Pro 4800 in the future, but it is just a thought at this moment.

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know if KUIU has a black friday sale or is this fall sale about the best it gets on packs?

Last edited:

Cody_W

WKR
I can email a coupon to any and everyone who wants $50 off an order over $250 from Kuiu. Just shoot me a DM.

I run the new Kuiu Pro 7800 and 4000 Ultra bag on pro suspension and like it more than the already killer Stone Glacier bag I used last season to the point of listing it for sale in the gear forums.

You can’t go wrong with anything Kuiu is currently making.

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how to send a DM. But I'll be running the Pro line here shortly and could use a boost in the finances area

Cody_W

WKR
Not sure how to send a DM. But I'll be running the Pro line here shortly and could use a boost in the finances area

click my profile picture and start a conversation with your email address attached and I’ll get it sent over to you. (y)

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah . . . I dont see the option on your profile to start a conversation.. that is why I am newbie. I am putting in an order tomorrow too 😕

Last edited:

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member

Looks like you are 4 post shy of being able to pm (10 min) That’s why you don’t see this option.
d325fd2a514d62cc433d61a195a6ae1d.jpg