New Kuiu Pro Suspension and Pro Bag Review

Neb

FNG
Great review. Very helpful. I’ve been looking at this setup and the SO Lanner. I think I’ll do the Pro 3600 for now to use as a day pack and look at a bigger pack to add later on.

Cody if your offer for that coupon is still available, I appreciate it if you could D it to me.

eoperator

WKR
Bought a pro 3600 recently on my quest for the "1"
I sure wanted to love it but with a 45lb plate the waist belt needed to be winched so tight to prevent sagging it felt like my hip bones were ready to blow through the skin. it just didnt work with my no hips and ass build I geuss

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bought a pro 3600 recently on my quest for the "1"
I sure wanted to love it but with a 45lb plate the waist belt needed to be winched so tight to prevent sagging it felt like my hip bones were ready to blow through the skin. it just didnt work with my no hips and ass build I geuss

Put the second lumbar pad in and that will help with any sagging.

ChrisAU

WKR
Me and my hunting partner used the new pro suspension/belt with Ultra 4000 packs last week to pack out the bull in my avatar and never had a single complaint. Handled loads in the 70-75 lb range wonderfully, never needed to load it more than that.

LaHunter

WKR
Me and my hunting partner used the new pro suspension/belt with Ultra 4000 packs last week to pack out the bull in my avatar and never had a single complaint. Handled loads in the 70-75 lb range wonderfully, never needed to load it more than that.
Looks like you had a good elk hunt.
Very nice bull!

akenkel

FNG
I'm on the fence between a KUIU pro suspension and Ultra bag, but am interested in how it compares to the Seek Outside Revolution Fortress ( capacity wise probably start with the 6000 cubic inches need it to last 1 week, and hopefully haul out some meat)

Has anyone used both of these to compare contrast?

I was all set to get the kifaru fulcrum for an Alaskan moose hunt now I am curious on this pack? Can you please load up around 75 lbs and tell us how it feels? I only need it for boned out meat.
^THIS, but for a Reckoning, this new frame system has definitely piqued my interest, thanks for the review!!!

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
Now the sale is over, let's hope an actual cyber monday sale begins. I held out on some items to please the misses.
One item I held out on was the Ultra bags.
Considering they have updated the Icon Pro to the Pro series, let's hope they come out with an Ultra Pro or something of the sort.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t see the Ultras changing any time soon. The latest Ultras were just updated last year.

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
I didnt know this. That is unfortunate because the bag layout of the pro is what I like. Was hoping for a lighter version of it and maybe some stretch material on the front divided pockets. No stretch no problem. Just hoping for the divided pockets.
I probably should grab a few of their dry roll top bags for easier organizing anyhow.

Thanks for letting me know!

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
All that stuff adds weight and the Ultra is designed to be streamlined and lighter. I don’t think they will make lots of different models of bags, just a few in different sizes, which is plenty for me.

ChrisAU

WKR
I didnt know this. That is unfortunate because the bag layout of the pro is what I like. Was hoping for a lighter version of it and maybe some stretch material on the front divided pockets. No stretch no problem. Just hoping for the divided pockets.
I probably should grab a few of their dry roll top bags for easier organizing anyhow.

Thanks for letting me know!

The redesigned Ultras from last year have more pockets than the older ones. My 4000 has a vertical long pocket on the front, a horizontal smaller one up top, and a stretch open pocket on each side. I put rain gear in the top pocket, kill kit stuff in the front vertical pocket, extra water/tripod/glassing pad etc in the side pockets, and threw misc stuff in a blaze orange Seek Talon that I used like a Kifaru Grab-It.

I recently helped my brother carry out 1/2 (front quarter, rear quarter, head) of a mule 4x4 buck out of the sweet grass hills in Montana with the new Pro suspension/ icon pro 5200 bag. I do not have an exact weight on the additional meat carried out but I can say it was more than 50lbs. It was a bit of weight and after the 4 mile trek out I had some stiff shoulders and was ready to be out of the pack but suspension definitely fit well and was very secure to my body. so it did its job well and I know ill buy another pack with the new suspension again. My back was in great shape after haul as well. My brothers pack ended up cutting off the circulation to his arms and we had to rig up an impromptu chest strap. the meat was not boned out FYI.

Last edited: