New Kuiu Pro Suspension and Pro Bag Review

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kuiu has launched the new Kuiu Pro Suspension and the Pro Bags and both are on their website for ordering and specifications.

I have had the Pro Suspension and the 6000 Pro Bag for a couple of weeks now. I did my best to go over the features of the new items in their respective videos.

6000 Pro Bag:

Kuiu Website for 6000 Pro Bag:

Pro Suspension:

Kuiu Website for Pro Suspension:

If you have any questions about either of the new items, just ask on this thread and I will answer it and if I don't know the answer I will get it for you.

Overall, both the Pro Suspension and the Pro Bags seem to have some very good and efficient improvements.

Clarence

WKR
Thanks for the thorough review. Great job. How much more weight would you say is comfortable with the new suspension versus the icon pro?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven’t had it long enough to say exactly. I just personally think the suspension is the most comfortable Kuiu offering yet. The new belt and lumbar pad I think are twice as good as the older ones.

Clarence

WKR
Thanks you. If you could keep us updated as you get some weight on it, that would be helpful. I'm impressed with the looks of the improvements.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think maybe at some point, but initially I think it will only be available as the complete suspension; belt, lumbar pad and shoulder straps.

A 4

FNG
How does the sizing on the waist belts compare with the old Icon Pro? I’ve always been relight in between

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are the same. I would say 32” is the cut off. I think you want as much of the belt to wrap around as possible, without it bottoming out. I could and have worn both and I prefer the l/xl. I have a 33” waist.

PA Hunter

WKR
I was all set to get the kifaru fulcrum for an Alaskan moose hunt now I am curious on this pack? Can you please load up around 75 lbs and tell us how it feels? I only need it for boned out meat.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have and it feels good. I have never thought the other kuiu packs couldn’t handle 75 pounds though. At a certain weight, for me 100 pounds or more, I think all packs suffer. I would buy a pack that is comfortable for 95% of your needs, not the 5% it will be loaded down. We can all suffer a few miles with a heavy load, even if I had to carry it in a potatoe sack.

Sorry slinger

Lil-Rokslider
I would be interested in some shoulder straps if you want to part with them. I would love to upgrade my suspension but not in the cards at this time, I really need a better belt but an upgrade from the old ultra shoulder straps would be a start.

Great over view, thanks

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would be interested in some shoulder straps if you want to part with them. I would love to upgrade my suspension but not in the cards at this time, I really need a better belt but an upgrade from the old ultra shoulder straps would be a start.

Great over view, thanks

PM me about the straps.

Sorry slinger

Lil-Rokslider
Do you think they will ever sell just a lid? I run the newer version of the ultra 4000, but am used to having a lid on all of my other packs and do exactly what you were talking about, drop it at camp as it is only camp items, but they don't offer just the lid at this time.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would call them as I think you could probably just order a lid. I have never asked myself, but it seems reasonable if someone lost it, damaged it, etc.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Both sets of shoulder straps have been spoken for and shipped to Sorry Slinger and G5Archer compliments of Rokslide and Kuiu.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The bags and suspension are compatible with all previous versions of the Kuiu products.