New Kuiu Pro Suspension and Pro Bag Review

Do you have an input as to how the ICON Pro suspension compares to their Ultra line? The summer sale they have going on now has some good deals on the Ultra line.

I took the new frame for a spin on the elliptical this morning with a 35 lb plate. I was surprised by how well it handled the weight and the grip the new belt has.

ChrisAU

WKR
Just opened mine up but had to head back to work before I could evaluate it much. Seems very, very nice. Also, I was wondering if the Kifaru gun bearer upper (the Kifaru specific one, not the strappy universal one) would work using the sternum strap on the Pro suspension...yes, with only a few cuss words. Its not going anywhere ha. The tab will lay flat, just pulled it up for the pic.

8AOMb4l.jpg

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any idea what size bag meets the carry on bag airline requirements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on how dull it is. I have taken my Ultra 4000 before and never was questioned about the size

A 4

FNG
Curious to hear some more feedback from people who’ve gotten their hands on the suspensions.

Belt is a major improvement in my opinion, but I found the L/XL to fit slightly larger (~1”) than the same in Icon Pro.

ChrisAU

WKR
Love mine, even though I ordered the wrong frame size initially (hoping my tall gets here tomorrow) it was a good bit more comfortable than my buddies icon pro loaded down.

I see now that the Apex harness is in the outlet, must be a new version of it coming out?

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eventually there will probably be an upgraded version of the Apex to fit the Pro Series. I think it will also become an option when ordering them initially. Time will tell.

madkaw284

Lil-Rokslider
What is different about the apex harness, is it just more padding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
Just got in from a 3 mile hike in the southeastern AL jungle checking trail cams with a 40 lb bag of salt, some water, and a Mossberg 500 pump for sneaky snakes on my new Pro suspension with a load hauler and tall frame. Due to foot issues I’ve taken it easy on my legs and feet until now, just got a cast off my left leg two weeks ago today. Until last week January was the last time I had taken a weighted hike, so I’m not in hiking shape.

All up, that setup had me 11-13 lbs heavier than my hunting weight for this Fall.

I’m not sure how something is supposed to be any more comfortable than this new Pro belt and suspension at that weight (49-51 lbs total). I could barely tell I was wearing it. It easily put the weight on my hips, and even though my first Lite Wick 150 shirt was literally completely soaked in sweat the belt did not slip, not even a little. I could feel sweat running down my back and I’d stop thinking surely I’d need to lift it up some but no, right where I left it.

For the money I am tickled. It may struggle under ultra heavy loads, I haven’t tested that but honestly I’m not going to ever put it over more than 70-75 lbs.

Also, it was quieter than a church mouse. My hiking partners Alps sounded like a symphony of squeaks but mine was absolutely silent.

I think I will have to bite....I have an original Pro, and as a lifelong backpacker always thought it was probably the best external frame I had used. The transfer of weight to the hips, as opposed to the shoulders, has always been outstanding.