New Kuiu Pro Suspension and Pro Bag Review

RIELLY24

FNG
I have the old and new pro suspension. Both of them started to squeek pretty bad with every step i took after the first day on the mountain...has anyone else experienced this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
I have the old and new pro suspension. Both of them started to squeek pretty bad with every step i took after the first day on the mountain...has anyone else experienced this?

Is your frame newer or older? I think the new ones have a piece to prevent that, I know it used to be a very common complaint. Me and the guy that hunts with me that has a new one as well never noticed any squeak this year.

RIELLY24

FNG
Is your frame newer or older? I think the new ones have a piece to prevent that, I know it used to be a very common complaint. Me and the guy that hunts with me that has a new one as well never noticed any squeak this year.
I have both the old one and the new one. I am tweaking a couple things and making sure the frame is in there properly. I am taking it to AZ for a late season elk hunt next week. Hopefully the issue gets resolved.

hikenhunt

WKR
I have both the old one and the new one. I am tweaking a couple things and making sure the frame is in there properly. I am taking it to AZ for a late season elk hunt next week. Hopefully the issue gets resolved.

I had some intermittent squeaking with a heavy pack out this year. I thought I read or maybe saw a video from KUIU that stated debris in the bottom frame pocket in the belt can cause squeaking. Mine had a bunch of pine needles and other stuff so I cleaned it out really good. It seems to have taken care of the squeaking so far.

Kuiu has launched the new Kuiu Pro Suspension and the Pro Bags and both are on their website for ordering and specifications.

I have had the Pro Suspension and the 6000 Pro Bag for a couple of weeks now. I did my best to go over the features of the new items in their respective videos.

6000 Pro Bag:

Kuiu Website for 6000 Pro Bag:

Pro Suspension:

Kuiu Website for Pro Suspension:

If you have any questions about either of the new items, just ask on this thread and I will answer it and if I don't know the answer I will get it for you.

Overall, both the Pro Suspension and the Pro Bags seem to have some very good and efficient improvements.
Thanks for the info
toss up for me between this and a Stone Glacier

Thanks you. If you could keep us updated as you get some weight on it, that would be helpful. I'm impressed with the looks of the improvements.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have been running a kuiu icon pro suspension for a few years. Packed out a nilgai antelope, cow elk, and white tail this year with it. It has treated me well. I found that with say 60 or more pounds in the bag i would start to get lower back pain. I ordered the Pro suspension and got myself an 80lb bag of concrete. The new pro suspension is more comfortable for sure! However right after i received it i saw exo was having a black friday sale, so I grabbed my brothers K3 and ran it side by side with the new pro suspension. 80lb bag of concrete. I found the exo k3 did not give me lower back pain. I have ordered myself a k2 5500 and will run it side by side with the new suspension. I honestly think the kuiu frame pulls away from my lower back when i cinch the load in the load hauler. When it does this i think its causing a pressure point on my lower back. I have been jacking with the lumbar pad to get it just right, but i cant seem to. I honestly dont think its the lumbar pad or hip belt causing issue. I think it the frame getting a slight bend. the hip belt to me was as comfortable as the k3, but i just cant shake the lower back pain. Its bearable for a mile or so but really starts to bug me like 2 miles in.

How easy is it to separate the bag from the frame and put a quarter or meat bag on the load shelf? I’ve never seen one of these in person. Is it a complete pain to do or relatively simple?

Anyone try one of these out in comparison to a new SG X Curve?
My gripe with the Kuiu system was the older style belt system.
Wondering if I should spend the money to upgrade the belt or just take that money along with a pack system sale and move to a SG.

TravisIN

WKR
Hoping mine gets in this week!

Edit: scratch that

Last edited:
OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I personally would go large to start. As long as it doesn’t bottom out, the more belt to hip contact the better. If the large bottoms out, I would exchange the belt for a medium.

I have a 33” waist and run the large and it doesn’t come close to borrowing out.

akorn81

FNG
X2 on bday discount, how big is it and is it just for the actual day?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk