New KUIU/Remington rifle

4IDARCHER

WKR
Anyone see the mini video and unveiling of the new KUIU/Remington rifle they built for Jason. Nothing too crazy but look solid.

ianpadron

WKR
A 6.5 with a brake probably kicks like a BB gun! I think it looks like a badass lil mountain rig for sure.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Daniel_M

WKR
My Kimber is equally light and accurate to their specified range. Maybe not as sexy, but a heck of a lot cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was super excited for this when I found out they were building "the ultimate sheep rifle".
I was hoping of some combination of the 700 TI/skeletonized with muzzle brake and fluted...
But when I clicked on it yesterday and saw almost 6K price tag...well you can pull 3 TIs off broker for that...
Or just custom smith something for less and exactly how you want it built...
Very bummed.

stevevan

WKR
I think the bean counters at Remington must have been using a little medical marijuana as both they and their new rifle is high. Close to 6 grand for that rifle? You can have a custom built with all the components they used and save hundreds off the price Remington wants and have a unique rifle exactly to your specs and taste. I may be a little biased but I don't want to wander around with a rifle that's an advertisement for Kuiu. Now if it was in Fusion that might be a little different as I'm a First Lite kinda guy.

Muttly

WKR
Dunno, I think it looks kinda snazzy... On the other hand, for the same pile of slush fund, could round up a Mountain Ascent or a Ridgeline, pretty decent scope and rings... Custom long bow... Dan Wesson or sneak into bargain basement top tier 1911 territory...
And prolly have a little cash left over for a bag of cheetos....
I don't think I can even get any mileage out of the " look at all the money I saved by buying these instead" argument with the Domestic Commander..

Daniel_M

WKR
Dunno, I think it looks kinda snazzy... On the other hand, for the same pile of slush fund, could round up a Mountain Ascent or a Ridgeline, pretty decent scope and rings... Custom long bow... Dan Wesson or sneak into bargain basement top tier 1911 territory...
And prolly have a little cash left over for a bag of cheetos....
I don't think I can even get any mileage out of the " look at all the money I saved by buying these instead" argument with the Domestic Commander..

Positive tactics with the D.C. are to start with the Kuiu Rifle and finalize in a lower ballpark. As long as she sees an equitable 50% reduction, it's a guaranteed yes and a win for America.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
~$1500 lone peak action
~$650 hell canyon group buy barrel
~$200 chambering
~$200 installed brake
~$700 edge fill McMillan
~$150 Aluminum bottom metal, mag box/flower
~$200 allowance for trigger

You are at $3600 with room to spare for rifle bedding, rings, glass before you hit the price tag of that Remington.

I agree the price tag isn't at all in line with the product.

topher89

WKR
~$1500 lone peak action
~$650 hell canyon group buy barrel
~$200 chambering
~$200 installed brake
~$700 edge fill McMillan
~$150 Aluminum bottom metal, mag box/flower
~$200 allowance for trigger

You are at $3600 with room to spare for rifle bedding, rings, glass before you hit the price tag of that Remington.

I agree the price tag isn't at all in line with the product.

Maybe Kuiu camo is worth the other $2400? :rolleyes:

N2TRKYS

WKR
I guess it was too hard to roll the first one out in a caliber that has their name at the end of it.

I had rather have a plain ol' Model Seven, instead of that crap.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
6000.00 is like 3-4 good hunting trips if your an AK resident. I just cant see this rifle doing anything my Kimber wont other than draining my bank account.

Its a cool idea but they are way over the price range. You could get a Kimber Ascent and the fancy matching Zeiss HD5 they sell for it and be at less than 1/2 of the cost of this remington....AND still have $$$ leftover for ammo while being 1/2 the cost. Or you could buy a kimber and throw on a Leupold VX3i and have a hell of a shooter and like 4500+ dollars left over for the hunt of a lifetime.

Stwrt9

WKR
I think it a nice concept and a great rifle, but they really missed the mark on this one. It clearly an elitist rifle made for a very small portion of hunters. The price is absurd.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Six Grand???
Does it come with 2 spares & a hooker?

Good one. Actually should come with a hooker AND her sister.........
Man, that price is unbelievable. As someone else said, you can buy 5 tikkas scoped and have money left for coffee.
And I will put a bet out there right now that the tikka will shoot better.

Randy

FURMAN

WKR
It looks like an awesome rifle but as already stated you can build it with a much better action for less money. I love the 6.5 Creedmoor but it is not what I would consider the ultimate cartridge for hunting anything.

OP
4IDARCHER

4IDARCHER

WKR
I do like Kuiu, as well as First Lite. They both make awesome products, but have to agree with many others on here. I did like the looks of the rifle and think it will function great but I would rather just get a T3x ultralight, or Savage light weight synthetic and dip the stock and then put it away and take my bow on a dream hunt.
I do think though with the cost of the sheep hunts that some of the kuiu guys are going on a $6000 semi-custom rifle is probably on par with the Marco Polo tag or super premium desert big horn hunt.
I do like the build but agree that unless you just have to have it because it says Kuiu there are better ways (and calibers) that can do everything this rifle can do for a fraction of the cost.