New Leica Bino/Rangfinder combo Geovid HD-B

shaun

WKR
Awesome! The only thing that worries me would be using the ballistic calculator. Seems like it might be useless for archery unless I misread the discription

Hardstalk

WKR
Its a interesting description:

Ballistic System:
Equivalent Horizontal Range
Point of impact Correction

Does that include angle comp.?

Hardstalk

WKR
Answer found:
In all cases the ABC system accounts for air temperature, absolute air pressure, and angle of incline when making the calculations. Where holdover is being provided the sophisticated processing system also considers the specific ballistic characteristics of your cartridge & rifle combination.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty impressive specs...

Doug,

You are not kidding! 374 feet at 1000 yds is CRAZY wide for a 10x bin. Not only that, but they get that with 20mm of eye relief!

I also like the SD card idea for custom ballistic information.

Very cool feature list. It will be interesting to see how the optical quality turns out.

Hope they are better the the swaro range. I wanted to get a pair last year but after all the negative reviews I passed. Definitely going to be looking into these.

Whisky

WKR
Shit yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They've done it (at least on paper).

Right side button. Check

Min ranging distance suitable for archery. Check

Max distance suitable to LR shooting. Check

Angle comp. Check

Improved ergonomics, glass and LRF. Check

I know where my tax return is going. Time to scrounge up other crap to sell!!!

Only thing I don't like is the lack of a MILIRADIAN version. If you see them at SHOT ask if the have any plans for one? Not like they're in my price range or anything though haha

Mike

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
I just placed my order for one. I was told MID feburary

HellsCanyon If you read the description the DO OFFER MIL RAIDIAN

OP
joelbiltz

joelbiltz

WKR
Really? I only read MOA in the specs! Thats awesome!!! Now what can I sell off....

Mike
Thats what I read on the description on Cameralands websight. I just looked again and thats what is said. It is not in the specs on the right it is in the main writeup.

wapitibob

WKR
The angle comp is worthless for archery unless they went back and changed it for this model. Which it appears the did not do. Unfortunate.

Whisky

WKR
The angle comp is worthless for archery unless they went back and changed it for this model. Which it appears the did not do. Unfortunate.

Explain please. I am not familiar with Leica's angle comp.

EHR - Equivalent Horizontal Range - I read this as giving me the corrected distance after computing angle incline/decline. Is this not correct?

Thanks

They have taken notes on every thing Swaro did wrong with theres, fixed it and brought it to the market at perfect timing! The reason I sold my EL range binos was the fact they would only range down to 30yards.... Leica with the 10-2000 has smoked Swaro and switching the buttons to the right side, SWEET! If I cant work a deal out with an optic company this year, I pretty sure Ill be packing a set of these badboys around starting this summer. Super stoked to see them at the SHOT!!!!!