new Leupold Fulldraw 4, Anyone bought or buying?

Ucsdryder

WKR
Seems like there was a thread recently on here and people weren’t that impressed with its range finding capabilities . You might do a search.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
Seems like there was a thread recently on here and people weren’t that impressed with its range finding capabilities . You might do a search.

I have a Luepold RX-1600 TBRW that I had to send back for repairs and I still feel the orange readout is to bright in low light, even with it adjusted to it's lowest setting.

Zac

WKR
I'll probably buy it just for the cutting ability, cosign is complete horse shit and I'm not sure how to use an inclinometer while hunting. Gillingham is gonna run it through the paces soon. If he green lights it, then it's legit. BTW the guys at Vortex said they had no plans to come out with their own version.

Ucsdryder

WKR
If I get a goat or sheep tag then it might make sense, but cosign works fine for 99% of hunters. I believe Levi said 30% is where cosign quits working correctly. If I remember correctly from the kifarucast.

loopmtz

Lil-Rokslider
I have one on the way. I used one at the Total Archery Challenges and was amazed at the cuts for steep shots. I definitely think you need one hunting super steep country!

406unltd

WKR
I don’t have an organ im willing to part with at the moment....... well I do have healthy kids. Whats a testicle goin for these days?

MajorAR

Lil-Rokslider
I just took delivery of the Loopy RX4 - MidwayUSA ($550-ish)

Great piece of gear as you would expect from Leupold. Compact, sturdy and aesthetically pleasing. Plug in your data pertinent (BALL mode) to your bow set up (arrow weight, velocity and peep height above arrow at full draw), and it will compute the ballistic trajectory and max ordinate for your arrow. Could be handy when shooting in restrictive woodland environments etc.

Has various modes, LOS, BALL, Scan and true distance. Glass is clear and on par with all Loopy glass quality. I haven't tested it out to max range etc just yet. More to follow after this weekend.

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
I've got mine set up and so far it's great but I don't really have that many mountains in South Florida to test it:)

From what I can tell it's subtracting some from what my other angle compensating rangefinder says.

fatlander

WKR
Maybe I’m a stick in the mud, but do we really need another reason for people to feel like launching arrows at muzzleloader distances is ok or normal? At normal bow hunting distances, what this unit can do differently is a mostly moot point. Outside of the TAC, what percentage of people dropping 80 yards bombs on 30+ slopes? Levi Morgan can absolutely shoot the lights out and I still don’t think the 100 yard shot he took on the that ram was ethical. Neither was the turkey Dudley shot at 104 yards that took two steps while the arrow was in the air.

Jimbob

WKR
Maybe I’m a stick in the mud, but do we really need another reason for people to feel like launching arrows at muzzleloader distances is ok or normal? At normal bow hunting distances, what this unit can do differently is a mostly moot point. Outside of the TAC, what percentage of people dropping 80 yards bombs on 30+ slopes? Levi Morgan can absolutely shoot the lights out and I still don’t think the 100 yard shot he took on the that ram was ethical. Neither was the turkey Dudley shot at 104 yards that took two steps while the arrow was in the air.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, mine differs from yours. I'm not about to tell Levi Morgan he is unethical when putting kill shots on animals. Let's just agree that some people are different therefore there is not a one size fits all.

I just killed a Mountain goat and my range finder said 44 yds I set my pin at 42 yds and still hit a couple of inches high (the angle was over 35 degrees). I would like to have the new Leupold.