New Lightweight Build

parshal

WKR
Just finished a 6.5 WSM as light as I can go with enough barrel for a 16 oz. suppressor.

Long action Pierce titanium action with titanium recoil lug and pinned aluminum rail, cerakoted with Elite Smoke
Manners EH1
Proof Research 1:8 26" carbon barrel
Timney Calvin Elite
Elk Meadow titanium muzzle brake
Remington BDL bottom metal

I've since taken another 4 oz. off by replacing the rail with 20 MOA rings which Pierce has made for them by Hawkins. They weight 4 oz. vs the 8 oz. for the rail and Seekins rings.

65titanium.jpg

907to406

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome build! Major case of gun envy right now. What are you going to do for glass?

OP
parshal

parshal

WKR
I've got an ATACR F1 4-16x42 that I'll use on it.

I just finished chambering another 6.5 WSM with a Kelbly Atlas Tactical, Manners T2 and Proof steel barrel. It weighs quite a bit more so I can practice with similar loads and not get beat up by the lighter weight. I've got the 56mm ATACR F1 with same reticle so virtually everything's the same.

deadwolf

WKR
Need some more pictures! What were the considerations in choosing the Pierce over a Lone Peak Arms action? I personally like the Lone Peak for a variety of reasons, the main being the integrated recoil lug and nitrided bolt.

OP
parshal

parshal

WKR
I'll get some pics once I've got everything completely finished. Just finishing up the threads on the muzzle and need to bed the action on the second one.

I honestly had never seen Lone Peak's actions and bought the Pierce since they had one that somebody had backed out of the day before. Timing is everything. The nitrided bolt would be very nice but I don't care for the integrated rail for this build. To make is as light as possible I went with lightweight rings and no rail. Saved 4 oz.

EDIT: Took a closer look at the Lone Peak. Nice action! Although, it's 5 oz. heavier than the Pierce but I'm sure that's the weight of the integrated rail. On the Pierce, even the firing pin is fluted.

Last edited:
I'll get some pics once I've got everything completely finished. Just finishing up the threads on the muzzle and need to bed the action on the second one.

I honestly had never seen Lone Peak's actions and bought the Pierce since they had one that somebody had backed out of the day before. Timing is everything. The nitrided bolt would be very nice but I don't care for the integrated rail for this build. To make is as light as possible I went with lightweight rings and no rail. Saved 4 oz.

EDIT: Took a closer look at the Lone Peak. Nice action! Although, it's 5 oz. heavier than the Pierce but I'm sure that's the weight of the integrated rail. On the Pierce, even the firing pin is fluted.

I've got a Lone Peak Fuzion-Ti long action with their new "alpine port" that should be here in the next month or so. It takes 2 ounces out of the standard Fuzion-Ti.

Danny1788

FNG
Nice build what bullet do you plan on loading with the 6.5WSM? I build and chamber my own rifles as well. What lathe are you using? Do you chamber in the head stock or between centers?

OP
parshal

parshal

WKR
I used the 140 Berger Elite Hunter and 140/143 ELD(-X) in both. They both shoot equally well at similar velocities.

I'm using a 10K and have to work between centers. Luckily I've got a 4 1/2 foot bed. Any shorter and I couldn't do it. I've been turning the muzzle to 5/8" (the Proof Research barrels all come with that on the muzzle) and run it with a collet in the headstock.

OP
parshal

parshal

WKR
Here it is finished. 8 lbs. 15.5 oz. with brake and scope. I'll post pics of the target one once I've got the touchup painting done.

65hunting.jpg

65hunting2.jpg

65hunting3.jpg

Danny1788

FNG
Are you electro etching your caliber or engraving that looks clean what ever your using!