New Lone Wolf products made from gray gold?

Sapcut

WKR
Looks like Lone Wolf tree stands has stolen the Sitka Gear business model. Increase the prices just to see when hunters will stop paying. The new D'Aquisto series sticks are $350 and the hang on stand is actually $500....for a molded piece of aluminum or is it gray gold.

Lone Wolf didn't increase their prices. The stand you're referring to is the D'Aquisto's new venture Lone Wolf Custom Gear. Its a completely separate company than the original Lone Wolf that they sold and then made a play on the name of it after the fact. These stands are priced as top of the line but left a lot of pre-order guys feeling less than enthusiastic when they showed up with shitty finishing marks and over the stated weight. I'm sure they're nice to some but not enough to warrant over double the cost of similar setups imho

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
So two Lone Wolf companies instead of just another product created within one Lone Wolf company at a much higher price?

Look at the startup price to get fully into saddle hunting. Pretty close to just not bow hunting anymore due to the cost for how much I will use it right now.

New shit costs lots of money. Average middle class families are likey being priced out of starting to hunt and the teen that doesn't have the family support better have some buddies with gear.

Pepe55

FNG
$1500 shotgun, $500 treestand, $350 climbing sticks ,$400 boots , $1000 jacket and pants, $500 scope its nuts

I don’t really have a problem with the price myself. Not that I can afford it but being a fabricator I understand where the cost comes from. Try to design something In cad yourself and then have it water jetted. It’s not cheap, let alone having someone else do it all. I think it is innovative but is the innovation worth the cost of upgrading? Time will tell. The standard lone wolf stuff is still great and it’s hard to justify the price of the new one over the old. It is lighter and more compact, if that’s worth it to the individual than go for it. There’s no items that are going to go down in cost in the future unfortunately. Prices of all goods will continue to climb. To me supporting an American manufacturer/company is important so while I may not purchase..I hope they do well.

Pepe55

FNG
I dont have a problem either i just wouldnt buy over priced shit and i can afford it.

Scrappy

WKR
The D'Aquisto's have demonstrated several times over the years they have very low moral standards. So it's absolutely no surprise they would start using the lonewolf brand again after selling the company a few years ago.

OP
Sapcut

Sapcut

WKR
I sure would like to know more details about their “moral standard” issues if it’s true.

Whip

WKR
If I post what I have heard it would just be repeating what someone else told me.
But you can Google "D'Aquisto violations".

jspradley

WKR
If I post what I have heard it would just be repeating what someone else told me.
But you can Google "D'Aquisto violations".

I just did...looks like this guy cared more about the antlers than anything else. I've heard some podcast interviews with his son and they certainly did not leave me with a good impression of Andrae.

Sad what people will do for pointy bones sticking out of a critters head

ohoopee

WKR
I have the LWCG and sticks. It has several innovative features that weren't on my LW Alpha. Weight wise its really close to my LW and the sticks are a tad heavier but as a run and gun system it's sweet and without a doubt a better system.

The man is definitely innovative and creative and probably not a Saint. He designs a mean treestand and had the intelligence to keep certain rights to the LW name. There were some less than accurate descriptions of the stand early in its conception but I imagine as actual production started reality clicked in. I have found in my advanced years that people with great ideas aren't always the best people to implement those ideas:))))). Btw, I don't know them nor do I care to know them.

*zap*

WKR
High priced stuff for sure but if you have the doe-ray-me why not have what you want?
Andrea D. is a good businessman and an outstanding deer hunter. Pioneered the portable hang on stand and stick years ago. He has killed-while self filming-some big bucks right in their beds as they came back to bed in the am...hats off to him....he is one of the few 'celebrity' hunters I would want to share a campfire with.

Ptdecker

FNG
Look at the startup price to get fully into saddle hunting. Pretty close to just not bow hunting anymore due to the cost for how much I will use it right now.

New shit costs lots of money. Average middle class families are likey being priced out of starting to hunt and the teen that doesn't have the family support better have some buddies with gear.

Amen brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohoopee

WKR
Yea, the sticker price and the fact that the bow holder wont hold my
Obsession bow were my only complaints. It really is a much easier
system to carry into the woods.

I’ve considered buying the stand and sticks because I really like my lone wolf assault and my original sticks. I just can’t see enough difference to spend the money